• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dual Snorkel Air Cleaner Housing

LT67

Back when I had a non turbo 6.2 in my M1009, I had every mod or tried every mod imaginable to get as much power out of the 6.2 without installing a turbo.

I added dual 3” stainless exhaust, advanced the timing on the injection pump which allowed more fuel, added an Oem civilian cold air pipe with resonator. Those simple mods gave a little more power.

Putting electric fans on and ditching the mechanical fan will give you some more power too!

Heck! I even cut up the sides of a 6.2 air box making it a full open air intake and all it did was add more noise. Lol

Your best bet is to just go to a junkyard and find a 6.5 diesel with turbo and install all its goodies on your 6.2.
I've got 6.5 turbo on the radar.. it blew a hole in the #8 piston. The other 7 cylinders are still holding at minimum 94% pressure. If the cylinder walls are still good along with the head, I'll grab it. Just not sure if I want the turbo set up or not. Fixing the cooling and injection pump issues will just add more to the cost. And I'm on a budget..

Where you able to retain the dual alternator set up on the serpentine belt set up?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks