• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dual Snorkel Air Cleaner Housing

LT67

Back when I had a non turbo 6.2 in my M1009, I had every mod or tried every mod imaginable to get as much power out of the 6.2 without installing a turbo.

I added dual 3” stainless exhaust, advanced the timing on the injection pump which allowed more fuel, added an Oem civilian cold air pipe with resonator. Those simple mods gave a little more power.

Putting electric fans on and ditching the mechanical fan will give you some more power too!

Heck! I even cut up the sides of a 6.2 air box making it a full open air intake and all it did was add more noise. Lol

Your best bet is to just go to a junkyard and find a 6.5 diesel with turbo and install all its goodies on your 6.2.
I've got 6.5 turbo on the radar.. it blew a hole in the #8 piston. The other 7 cylinders are still holding at minimum 94% pressure. If the cylinder walls are still good along with the head, I'll grab it. Just not sure if I want the turbo set up or not. Fixing the cooling and injection pump issues will just add more to the cost. And I'm on a budget..

Where you able to retain the dual alternator set up on the serpentine belt set up?