• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dump Bed Kit Installation

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's exactly what I'm looking to have done to one of my deuces, now I just need to find someone close who can install it for me!

PLP

Great Thread! I am planning on using this same dump kit from C&C on a A3. Pretty much answered all my questions on install. Thanks for info & pics.

nosliw

I finally placed my order with C & C today for this same kit. Turning my deuce into a grain truck / gravel hauler! Looking forward to getting it installed.

Thanks for posting up pics and information of your installation. It helped me greatly in making a decision to purchase.

southbreeze

Jeez Ironhorse,

Thanks a ton for this post. I was planning to do the same thing to my new (to me) deuce for hauling back and forth to the farm. Your write up and pix, answered enough of my questions that I know I'm ordering this Kit from C&C.

Thanks for letting us know that he's a good guy, I feel better about sending him that much cash and knowing he's good for it.

Thanks again,
Breeze

Ironhorse

You're all welcome, glad I could help.

If I knew it was going to be this popular, I should have negotiated for a commission on each unit sold from this thread. :doh:

nosliw

I pulled the bed off mine yesterday. Easy work with a hot wrench and tractor w/ front end loader. I should be welding on my mounts tonight. I think it's all going to be smooth until I start working underneat the bed! Kinda dreading it!

nosliw

shipping was 180 bucks for liftgate service to my workplace.

i got the hinges welded on tonight. we're taking delivery of a new 4x4 plasma table tomorrow at work, so i'll probably fab my own support brackets rather than try to beat the bumperettes flat. :shock:

nosliw

Here's the truck with the bed freshly stripped off. Don't forget to remove the pioneer tool rack. Mine is now a pretzel.

The hot wrench is my best friend. I torched all the bolts, including the ones for the bumperettes and shackle mounts. I beat enough of the CARC off the bolts heads on the trailer plug to remove it.

Attachments

Last edited:

flyusn99

Ironhorse,
Great post!!! Is there any chance you can post a few more pics of the bed? I'm interested on how much higher it sits when down and also what the hinges looked like with the mod you did on the bummperettes. I'm planning on doing this to one of my Deuces but just wanted to see how the final product looks when the bed is down. Thanks for all the info.

James

turbovr6jetta

I am thinking about one of these kits in the future BUT I would really like to know how long it takes to fully extend the ram. Better yet a video of it dumping! Ive had many electric over hydraulic pumps run things, slowly. Im sure its to be expected but I would be thrilled if it dumped in a reasonable time frame.

nosliw

Ironhorse. Looks like there are two options for mounting the hoist. Front and rear. The big crossmember gets in the way for a "suggested" position of 70-77.25".

From the pics, it looks like you went with the rear most giving an increased dump angle and less lift capacity. I drew it all out in Autocad. Looks like the rearmost position allows for 53°, the front, 34°.:(

Do you have any information as to exactly how much weight you've dumped in the past with the bed?

I need lift capacity of 10-14k.

nosliw

Got the tail lights remounted today. Bed was re-installed and welded on yesterday. Ready for work!

I went with the rear most (66") mounting position.

Attachments

Last edited:

nosliw

Nosliw
Truck looks good! How much cutting do you have to do to the bed for the hoist to fit with bed down?

I had to remove about an inch and a half of metal from two supports. With the bed flipped over on the ground, it took all of 10 minutes to measure and cut them both.

Dieselking22

Got the tail lights remounted today. Bed was re-installed and welded on yesterday. Ready for work!

I went with the rear most (66") mounting position.
Nosliw with the rear most mounting position, wouldnt it make it faster rather than lift more?

I ordered mine 3 days ago. Shipping was 128 to my house i will have to get a forklift to take it off the truck.

How long did it take to ship?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks