• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DWF exhaust pipe question

Thumper580

2000 M1123. When mounting the DWF exhaust pipe to the side of the truck body....does it bolt directly to the truck body or are there spacers to offset the exhaust pipe? Say 1-1/2 to 2" away from the truck body? I know there are rubber grommets, wasn't sure about bolting to the body or if it's spaced away some. Thanks.

FlameRed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not to hijack your thread - but is there a "budget" place (hahaha) to by the DWF kit? Lowest cost I could find was $425 plus $100 shipping. Considering adding DWF when I replace the exhaust...

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What pipe do you have?

There is an up armored exhaust pipe that sits further away from the body?

Did your truck have the USMC mak bolt on ?

I suspect you have a truck with armour removed but with armour exhaust pipe.

Besides the mentioned washers and grommets there is an inner brace/mount as the fender is too flimsy without it.

Last edited:

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not to hijack your thread - but is there a "budget" place (hahaha) to by the DWF kit? Lowest cost I could find was $425 plus $100 shipping. Considering adding DWF when I replace the exhaust...
$425 for a complete kit is very very reasonable...

Shipping of $100 is also very reasonable.

I have sold pipes only and paid more than that to ship due to oversize and dimensional weight.

nairb

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What pipe do you have?

Besides the mentioned washers and grommets there is an inner brace/mount as the fender is too flimsy without it.
i haven’t tried to put mine on yet but I suspect that’s the situation I’m in. Will it not fit without the armor? I have an m1123 with the armor removed and the dwf pipe was sitting in the bed when I picked it up.

Thumper580

What pipe do you have?

Mine was a USMC M1123. The pipe was removed and I assume all the small stuff git trashed. It does gave the inner fender support so it came with the dwf setup.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine was a USMC M1123. The pipe was removed and I assume all the small stuff git trashed. It does gave the inner fender support so it came with the dwf setup.
That simple support is stupid crazy priced and hard to find so that is a big plus.

I have no personal experience but have seen others post about shortening the lower pipe and rewelding it.

HoveringHMMWV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If your truck was armored, then you'll need exhaust spacers installed (if the original exhaust was included). The spacers on my truck were missing even though the exhaust was still attached. It caused my driveshaft to rub the exhaust heat shield underneath. See my post in ...

Thumper580

If your truck was armored, then you'll need exhaust spacers installed (if the original exhaust was included). The spacers on my truck were missing even though the exhaust was still attached. It caused my driveshaft to rub the exhaust heat shield underneath. See my post in ...

Could you possibly give me the length of the spacer between the pipe bracket and the truck body? Looks about an 1-1/4" to 1-1/2". Thanks.

Thumper580

Am I correct in that armored vehicles have the spacer like yours and the unarmored bolt to the body (with the rubber insulation grommet). Thank you.

HoveringHMMWV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think it's a few combinations....

Unarmored trucks with exhaust for unarmored trucks.
Unarmored trucks with exhaust for armored trucks and spacers.
Armored trucks with exhaust for armored trucks.

I think the spacers are only used for the second combination.

AAVP7

Sorry to revive this old thread.
In 2017, I bought a well-used (rusted) DWF exhaust. At that time, there were only early, unarmoured Humvees auctioned off, so I was completely sure to have the exhaust for the non-armoured trucks.
Now recently, I wanted to finally fit the restored exhaust to my (non-armoured) M1045A2 USMC slantback, and to my utter surprise, it seems to stand out too far from the body. However, I didn´t loosen the rear muffler, so I´m not entirely sure.

With a bit of wiggeling, I was almost able to squeeze the bolts (which are welded to the exhaust) into the rubber grommets, but then the exhaust would not be parallel to the body in the vertical.

Did I really get an armoured truck exhaust ? Is there any way to clearly identify the different versions of this exhaust ?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks