• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

East Coast Convoy/Aberdeen

CGarbee

Just a reminder to everyone that we will be having the East Coast Convoy to the Aberdeen (MD) MV Rally again this year.

Amnon is working on updates to the ECC website, but you can go an register for the Convoy now (it's still FREE), look at some of the historical information, and see who's doing what (and perhaps volunteer, or make a suggestion, or propose a Serial Unit for a group that we are not covering, etc).

http://www.eastcoastconvoy.com/

We are dedicating the Convoy to Brian Hahl this year.

T-Shirt design is being finalized and will be up on the website soon, along with more info on Brian Hahl, etc.

Hope to see a bunch of you on the way to the rally and at the rally itself.

Remember: Safety in Numbers

FormerNewMVGuy

Just a reminder to everyone that we will be having the East Coast Convoy to the Aberdeen (MD) MV Rally again this year.

Amnon is working on updates to the ECC website, but you can go an register for the Convoy now (it's still FREE), look at some of the historical information, and see who's doing what (and perhaps volunteer, or make a suggestion, or propose a Serial Unit for a group that we are not covering, etc).

http://www.eastcoastconvoy.com/

We are dedicating the Convoy to Brian Hahl this year.

T-Shirt design is being finalized and will be up on the website soon, along with more info on Brian Hahl, etc.

Hope to see a bunch of you on the way to the rally and at the rally itself.

Remember: Safety in Numbers
Glad to see you are dedicating this to Brian, he was an awesome Guy!!!

m37_power

does anyone know if there is a group i could tag along with? im hoping to get my m37 done by then and i live near morgantown WV. I didnt see anyone coming through wv in the convoy. i appreciate the help.

CGarbee

does anyone know if there is a group i could tag along with? im hoping to get my m37 done by then and i live near morgantown WV. I didnt see anyone coming through wv in the convoy. i appreciate the help.
We have had some folks in the Morganton area participate in the past. Sign up, talk it up, and we'll see if we can get a march unit going from that area again this year... :)

DieselBob

m37_power

Thats going to be a bit of a hike. At least it is mostly nice highway. Just a heads up that the rest area at Sideling Hill and on I70 near Fredrick were suppose to be closed to save state funds. Not sure if they did close or not just didn't want it to be a surprise if they did.

peecook

We also have a couple people in SW VA and Charlottesville area that might make their way to the Doswell (Richmond) stop.

DieselBob

Big "if" I can get off work I would like to meet up with the "Yellow Serial Route" at the Transit truck stop in Millersville. Easy meeting place for me.

Jakelc15

I'm in again. Will go to the webpage to sign up shortly.
Just be sure you have your GPS. :D

Maybe someone can lend Mike a GPS this year. So I'm not waiting at the Truck stop for no one to come again. :razz:

I know the Millersville Truck stop was cut out last year but there are atleast 4 or 5 of us that live near it and it would make a good place for us to meet this year.

CGarbee

I know the Millersville Truck stop was cut out last year but there are atleast 4 or 5 of us that live near it and it would make a good place for us to meet this year.
If we have folks that want to meet up at Millersville (and it looks like we do, we'll make sure that the Serial goes that way.

As far as a route/schedule through West Virginia, that all depends on who is comming and from where... Sign up and we'll figure it out (collectively)... :)

Thanks,

Xs10tial

This sounds like fun, but the www.eastcoastconvoy.com website needs serious work. There is no easy way to find a date. That should be on the home page. I'm a pretty good web developer. Let me know if you need any tips.

That said, what are the dates for the Jersey, PA, DE, MD leg of things?

CGarbee

The bold type on the homepage for the website has:

"The 2010 East Coast Convoy arrives at East Coast Rally on
Thursday, May 20th, 2010"

If you go to the route info pages, you see the timing for each leg. So far, the only legs that run earlier than Thursday, May 20th are the ones from Canada and from North Carolina (and south...). These all get updated as we get a little closer to the actual Convoy when we figure out who (and where) folks are.

I'm sure that Amnon wouldn't mind having some help with the website, PM me you email address and I'll pass it on to you and will send you his.

Thanks.

hank

where do I get information on the location of this event and how to sign up?

If it is the weekend of the 23rd I am in and I think Housemover will be also.

We would come from charleston wv and could pickup in morgantown

Last edited:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I suppose I'll come this year, as I have lots of parts I need. I'll probably drive the 818 and come from SC, so I'll be the farthest south MV like I was in 2008.

Huh, I can't go to the ECC website from work. Stupid filter...

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks