• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

East Coast Convoy/Aberdeen

CGarbee

Sign up for the East Coast Convoy on the Convoy website: http://www.eastcoastconvoy.com/

On the left side navigation tabs, there is one marked "register". This gets you registered for the Convoy and lets us (well, me actually) see where you are so that you can get assigned to a Serial Unit and so that we can work on route and schedule updates. The "participants" tab lets you see who is signed up (update for that is this evening...).

The ECC arrives in Aberdeen for the MV Show/Rally on Thursday, May 20, 2010.

Some segments of the Convoy will actually be running on Wednesday (SC/NC to Va for instance and the Serial from Canada down to near their meeting with the group from NY/NJ). Check the routes and schedules for this. Updates are posted on the website and emailed to participants.

The 37th Annual East Coast Rally will be held at Ripken Stadium in Aberdeen, MD, on May 20-22, 2010. You can either get a spot at the Rally by purchasing one of the Steel Soldiers group spots (I think that Chris or Mike got a block again this year, contact them to see what is available), or you go to the website for the rally and register there. The rally website is: East Coast Rally Military Vehicle Show, Swap Meet, and Flea Market - Operated by WAC/B&G MVT

I will once again be cooking on Friday night for the Convoy participants. It will be Eastern NC Style BBQ (with fixings)... I will also have an alternative selection for those who don't eat pork. Location will be my Vendor location (Yellow U5/T9, same as last year).

We will have a rememberence for our fallen Steel Soldiers/Convoy Participants on Friday before we eat.

The t-shirt design is comming along and will be posted in the next week or so. A t-shirt from this year's convoy will serve as the "recognition symbol" for Fridays' supper (as it has in the past...).

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Good job Convoy Commander. I know I will meet up with you guys on the way north. My son's and I are local and will provide help should anyone have an MV glitch. Also pm me so i can help with Friday Night . pm sent...

stumps

What if you have nothing to sell, but you want to bring your deuce, just for the fun of having it there? Do you still buy a space? Or is there a lot set aside for MV's that were brought as transportation?

-Chuck

Just registered. This will be the first long trip I've taken in the deuce. To the guys who have done this before, about how much time does it take to get to Aberdeen from Hampton, VA traveling convoy style?

hank

We are planning the trip from central West Virginia. This will be a friday trip unless I can change my work schedule. what is the cost for two spaces at least ( Two trucks with trailers)

Could some one pm information on this event, we don't know what to expect.

Thanks

badgmc56

I am thinkig about doing the convoy with my deuce. My route will take me to exit 17 on the NJTP to the Vince Lombardi truck stop as the starting point. Anyone in my area planning on doing the convoy? I would like to do that leg which is about 2 hours plus in a group if possible.

YankeeDuece

I am thinkig about doing the convoy with my deuce. My route will take me to exit 17 on the NJTP to the Vince Lombardi truck stop as the starting point. Anyone in my area planning on doing the convoy? I would like to do that leg which is about 2 hours plus in a group if possible.
There will be several of us keeping you company from that starting point. Art usually commands the Red Serial. Last year Scooter, Mike Pop, JoHo and many others made the ECC. The pace is comfortable for a deuce, stops are wisely located, company is outstanding.

Mudstone

i think i may be joining you guys... in NJ... Skidd let me know when you are coming down and maybe i can link up with you at some point on the way.

I noticed the routes listed are from 2008. Is anybody from the Tidewater area going on the ECC, and will we still be leaving from the Outback Restaurant on Portsmouth Blvd in Chesapeake? If so, what time? Thanks.

Dave

peecook

Dave, I dont think times are set until we are closer to the date and everyone is signed up. Last year I believe the convoy left Doswell in the morning.

Mudstone

Exit 17 on the jersey tpke are you guys north of there? or south? I'll be meeting up with the convoy at 0630. They ask that you be there 1hr prior for food fuel and vehicle service if necessary. I'm gonna show up probably round 6. if you are south of exit 17
0630 -- Vince Lombardi Service Area (Start Point) -- Exit 17 NJ Turnpike
0900 -- Petro Truck Stop, Bordentown, NJ -- Rising Sun Road, Exit 7 NJTP

just register with em. it makes it easier.

AMGeneral

This is your 2 week 3 day warning for the ECC.

BTW I have contacted several participants and have not recieved a e-mail reply.Just send me a quick e-mail and let me know your meeting location and time to avoid any SNAFUs.

Hank from WV,your e-mail was returned to me,it said the address was no longer in service?

Brandon Cobb
ECC 2010 Yellow serial commander

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks