• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ECO DIRECT DRIVE HUBS

Xengineguy

Supporting Vendor
Ok guys,
If everything goes as planned, we should be shipping kits this week. Pricing will be very close to what I expected
2200/ 2400 for two axles. Hopefully we can do a little better. The EDM is a little slow, but doing very nice work.
Haven’t received his final bill but I know what to expect.
Installed a set on my 1078 today to check fit and finish. All good! Will be contacting people that have shown interest
Very soon…. Freight quotes, and packaging in the works now…1A809339-BECE-497B-A296-7F615DAEBCC0.jpeg5DAB93DF-6E64-43F2-8DAF-B3B9581B95C8.jpeg

Ovrlnd1

Ok guys,
If everything goes as planned, we should be shipping kits this week. Pricing will be very close to what I expected
2200/ 2400 for two axles. Hopefully we can do a little better. The EDM is a little slow, but doing very nice work.
Haven’t received his final bill but I know what to expect.
Installed a set on my 1078 today to check fit and finish. All good! Will be contacting people that have shown interest
Very soon…. Freight quotes, and packaging in the works now…View attachment 894879View attachment 894880
They look awesome. I am interested but need to build my habitat box first. I would like to get a set for my 1078 later this year. Great job on these!

Xengineguy

Supporting Vendor
This morning I finished pricing on the hub sets. 2285.00 for two axles. This will include. 4 adapter plates, 4 hubs,
4 aluminium caps, 16 half plugs, 4 machined split collars, 16 ss cap screws, 48-3/8” grade 8 flange bolts, 48-m10
flange bolts.
Plus shipping and tax if applicable. Three axles will be 3300.00 And include all parts for three. Plus ship and tax.

Last edited:

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This morning I finished pricing on the hub sets. 2285.00 for two axles. This will include. 4 adapter plates, 4 hubs,
4 aluminium caps, 16 half plugs, 4 machined split collars, 16 ss cap screws, 48-3/8” grade 8 shoulder bolts, 48-m10
Shoulder bolts.
Plus shipping and tax if applicable. Three axles will be 3300.00 And include all parts for three. Plus ship and tax.
Is there an instruction sheet or video for installation?

Xengineguy

Supporting Vendor
Copy of instructions for Eco Hub M1078 ECO HUB INSTALLATION

Start by draining apx. 2 gallons of gear lube from rear differential.
Drain gear lube from outer reduction assembly.
Remove nut plug from center of outer reduction
Use 3/8 bolt to pull axle only enough to remove snap ring.
Remove 12. 3/8 bolts holding gear reduction to the inner hub.
Remove outer reduction. ( Tap outer housing to break seal.)
Remove all reduction gears. DO NOT REMOVE SHIMS

CLEAN all gasket surfaces to bare metal.
CLEAN cross pin locations to bare metal, red 3m pads work great.
CLEAN bolt holes, no oil or silicone can be in the holes! Use small 45 pick to remove
Trapped silicone. Use air pressure. CLEAN! Break Clean

CLEAN all gasket surfaces of new parts and bolt holes. Brake Clean, compressed air
CLEAN bolts, cross pin plugs, washers etc. Break Clean

Special Note. The new silicone and blue lock tight require absolutely dry oil free
Surfaces ! CLEAN!

Assembly: gasket maker silicone: permatex 82194 ultra grey.
Lock tight. Blue or red. Red is very hard to remove sometimes
Torque specs: 3/8” bolts 30 ft lbs. 10mm bolts 45 ft lbs.

INSTALLATION:
Remove cap screw from split lock collar,clean bolt and inside threads .
Apply blue lock tight to cap screw. Tighten 1/2 to 3/4 turn.
Slide split collar into splines of axle tube, align with axle nut pins. Tighten cap screw
Apply thin layer of silicone sealer to cross shaft plug ( rounded section)
Place all 4 plugs into inner hub locations
Apply thin layer of silicone on flat surface of cross shaft plugs, extending out 1/4” to
Inner hub gasket surface.
Prepare 3/8 bolts and flat washers brake clean/ apply lock tight 12
Apply thin layer of silicone on inner gasket surface of adapter plate.
Use two or three 3/8 bolts to align adapter plate to inner hub.
Push straight in and snug bolts. Install remaining bolts/washers. Snug then torque.
Silicone will squeeze out from between the two surfaces. Let it cure. Then remove
The excess with a razor blade.

Outer drive hub: Prep 12 metric bolts and washers. brake clean/ lock tight
Apply thin layer of silicone to the gasket surface of the drive hub.
Align spline of axle with outer hub, use a bolt or two to align the drive hub
to the adapter plate. Push straight in, snug bolts. NOTE: ( sometimes it’s easier
to jack up the tire your working on to align hub to adapter, you may need to release park break, block wheels as needed)
Install remaining bolts washers. Snug then torque.

Axle snap ring: A small amount of metal needs to be ground from the snap ring
to make it fit into the outer drive hub. Just remove metal from above the holes
of the snap ring. Don’t open the holes. Install snap ring and push axle into place.

Install aluminium dust cap. Use thin layer of silicone on gasket surface.
Snug then tighten. Blue lock tight is optional. Don’t tighten crazy tight
there is very little stress on this part.

FRONT HUB INSTALLATION:
Same procedure as rear, however no snap ring on axle and don’t drain any fluid from front differential.

Helpful hint: use a piece of thin sheet metal 6”x 10” formed to fit between the inner hub and wheel assembly. This will redirect the drained gear lube away from the tire
and wheel so it’s less mess. and easier to catch in drain pan.

Currently recommend one full quart of gear lube in each hub after 20 hours cure time.
Then refill the rear differential to full.

Do a transmission relearn appropriate for your truck. Drive a few hours very easy.
Allow it to learn the new shift strategy. It will keep learning for quite some time.
Enjoy your new truck! Questions: pm or call

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
These are amazing. See my review in the discussion forum thread:

Poolboy 7631

These are amazing. See my review in the discussion forum thread:

Agreed, amazing. Test drove Xengineguy's truck yesterday and left with a set for my M1078!!!!! Won't be able to get them installed fast enough!!

Ovrlnd1

Ok, I have to ask, I would assume you will continue to make these available as long as there is a need/demand?

I am very interested, but also in the beginning of building the habitat box. Would like to get a set, but will not be ready until July or August. Also, will you be selling spares? We will be doing alot of traveling and always like to keep misc. spares on hand.

Thanks

Xengineguy

Supporting Vendor
Ok, I have to ask, I would assume you will continue to make these available as long as there is a need/demand?

I am very interested, but also in the beginning of building the habitat box. Would like to get a set, but will not be ready until July or August. Also, will you be selling spares? We will be doing alot of traveling and always like to keep misc. spares on hand.

Thanks
Yes I will continue to produce as long as there is interest…. And yes I have spares in stock of almost everything.
I want to get to a point where there is no waiting on shipping. It was a very expensive gamble. But it looks like I can invest
in inventory to keep everyone happy. I would like to thank everyone again for their support! Mike

ckouba

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also, will you be selling spares?
Looking at the components, what is there to break? What spares would you be interested in acquiring/carrying with you? These things look like armor plating...

Asking because I am genuinely curious.

Ovrlnd1

Looking at the components, what is there to break? What spares would you be interested in acquiring/carrying with you? These things look like armor plating...

Asking because I am genuinely curious.
I don't have a set yet, but I like to be prepared. I'm guessing really the only part that may have an issue would be the splined hub. It was by no means an indication that I thought parts would break, but if it can, it usually will happen to me. 😁

Duffysguns

Availability to be announced. First 10 sets will be ready soon. Tested on M1078 will fit others also.
At the request of moderators please use this thread for sales related questions. Let me know if you have interest
in a set by posting here . Thank you!
I am interested, 1078 2 axle

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks