• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ECO DIRECT DRIVE HUBS

Xengineguy

Supporting Vendor
Looking at the components, what is there to break? What spares would you be interested in acquiring/carrying with you? These things look like armor plating...

Asking because I am genuinely curious.
I think the axle is the week link in the system. Like you said I don’t know how you would tear them up as long as they are installed correctly. Spares? Maybe a hub?? Maybe a hub cap? If you are rock crawling and dropped down on a rock you might sheer
a cap off ?? Then you might need a cap and hub. The hub would be reusable but you might need to remove some broken screws. That would be extremely unlikely..

Xengineguy

Supporting Vendor
Another page of ECO HUB instructions…….

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!

Use caution on first test drives! The speedometer
Will read half of actual speed!

The truck will not make as much engine noise, reduction noise is eliminated
You can easily drive faster than before!

Trucks with 3126 engines or c7 engines will need the speedometer recalibrated.
Thru cat ET software. Earlier trucks have dip switches in the speedometer.

A great solution for 3126 and C7 trucks .

CONTACT
Rick @ Superior Soobie and Import llc.
17912 SE McLoughlin Blvd.
Portland or. 97267

Cat. ECU UPGRADES.
INCREASE HORSEPOWER, CRUSE CONTROL, RECALIBRATE SPEEDOMETER

CTIS. DELETE OVERSPEED WARNING, RESET TIRE PRESSURES

CALL RICK:
Or PM on Steel Soldiers forum
General Disorder

Xengineguy

Supporting Vendor
I just received some really cool gaskets for the ECO HUBS today! They are made of .016 stainless steel and then a thin layer of high temp rubber is bonded to them. A small amount of silicon sealer would still be required around the half plugs.
The cost of gaskets would be an additional 175.00 for 4x4 set and 262.00 for a 6x6. Please let me know if you have interest
and would spend the xtra money . Need feedback. The price break down is 18.80 ea for the small gaskets and 24.86
for the large ones. Thanks for the support! Mike.

IMG_2153.jpeg

RandomThinker

Getting ready to install mine most likely sometime next week. Has anyone done it yet and have pictures of the steps? It seems pretty cut and dry but pictures are always useful for reassurance.

Mk23

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not All the steps, but I did do mine last weekend and took some pics

Getting ready to install mine most likely sometime next week. Has anyone done it yet and have pictures of the steps? It seems pretty cut and dry but pictures are always useful for reassurance.

BERZERKER888

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’ll wait a year or so and after 1/2 dozen installs to determine how the EcoHubs are holding up before ordering…such a simple and novel idea to address anything over 45mph… kudos..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks