• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

eeeewwwh!

Parker2

It never seems to end. I was under my Duece and saw a drop of water on the bottom of the fuel tank. Thought it was odd as the truck is kept inside my shop. I wiped the drop off and another showed up. I wiped the next one off hard and a stream came gushing out of the bottom of the tank. So I removed the tank and now I am glad that I did.

Attachments

jrou111

I had diesel bug in one of my old Ford trucks. It clogged the entire fuel system and I had to replace everything!

When I dropped the tanks the smell was HORRIBLE! All of those microorganisms were growing in the bottom of the tank between the water and the dies...er...varnish. :shock:

Big CASE

" Glad you found it in the shop and not out in the middle of nowhere. "
I thought that is were we went to Allen LOL at lest I thought so.
good to see you working on the deuce , if you need help you know how to fine me .

Parker2

Update.. I was going to have the tank lined, but was told that it doesnt work too well with baffled tanks. Besides "speedy" couldnt get to it till next week. So I am fixing it myself and will be looking for a newer tank. After cleaning it out with acid I found that about the only thing holding the fuel in was the funk.
I am all done with the patching and will test it out tomorrow.

Anyone have a good fuel tank for sale?

Attachments

Last edited:

Westex

I too, would be interested in a new tank or used in great condition fuel tank. Mine is full of flotsam and I want to deal with it sooner rather than later.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks