• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

eeeewwwh!

Parker2

It never seems to end. I was under my Duece and saw a drop of water on the bottom of the fuel tank. Thought it was odd as the truck is kept inside my shop. I wiped the drop off and another showed up. I wiped the next one off hard and a stream came gushing out of the bottom of the tank. So I removed the tank and now I am glad that I did.

Attachments

jrou111

I had diesel bug in one of my old Ford trucks. It clogged the entire fuel system and I had to replace everything!

When I dropped the tanks the smell was HORRIBLE! All of those microorganisms were growing in the bottom of the tank between the water and the dies...er...varnish. :shock:

Big CASE

" Glad you found it in the shop and not out in the middle of nowhere. "
I thought that is were we went to Allen LOL at lest I thought so.
good to see you working on the deuce , if you need help you know how to fine me .

Parker2

Update.. I was going to have the tank lined, but was told that it doesnt work too well with baffled tanks. Besides "speedy" couldnt get to it till next week. So I am fixing it myself and will be looking for a newer tank. After cleaning it out with acid I found that about the only thing holding the fuel in was the funk.
I am all done with the patching and will test it out tomorrow.

Anyone have a good fuel tank for sale?

Attachments

Last edited:

Westex

I too, would be interested in a new tank or used in great condition fuel tank. Mine is full of flotsam and I want to deal with it sooner rather than later.