• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electric fan for Deuce

acesneights1

As it says above, some time ago, I tried 2 small electrics ... they couldn't keep up when it REALLY got hot.

About 6 months ago, I ended up installing this:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/flx-416

Twenty three bucks.

You have to do a little trimming to make it fit.

It weighs about 2 pounds so it saves quite a bit over the stock fan.

Keeps the engine cool and reduces parasitic drag. I saw about one MPG gain in fuel. It works.

No good if you plan to go through deep water a lot. I don't, so its good for me.

Check out these threads:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...hat-history-of-use-MPG-change-with-them/page2

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?119295-Nylon-Radiator-Fan/page5&highlight=flex+fan
Thanks. I'm not a big fan of flex fans. I had one come apart on me years ago and go right through my hood.

welldigger

Was gonna order a front form Jakonta
That should help a bunch. If your still not getting hot air from your heater I suggest flushing the heater core. My coolant heater blows nice and warm. It's just the deuce cab is not sealed well enough to effectively heat with such a small heater. Better than nothing though.

rustystud

Your mad? He called me just to brag that he got a n.o.s hard top for a great price. At least he offered the hard top off of his truck for a price I can't complain about.
Mad ? No just jealous, but I wish all the best to Jeepsinker and his new hardtop. Someday hopefully I will be able to afford a nice hardtop and then I won't have to deal with all the rain getting in !

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did anyone successfully do this ?
I would love to ditch my fan. The engine never gets hot in the winter and I have zero heat.
What temp does your gauge read?

Is your heater connected properly?

If it is connected wrong, you could be bypassing the thermostat and you will never get to temp.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mad ? No just jealous, but I wish all the best to Jeepsinker and his new hardtop. Someday hopefully I will be able to afford a nice hardtop and then I won't have to deal with all the rain getting in !
Yeah you will only need to deal with half the rain getting in. Hard tops handle snow better.

rustystud

Right. Driving any military truck with a folding windshield is like driving with a screen door for a windshield.
I've been considering going with the one piece windshield that one of the suppliers sells. Around here I have never run the truck with the windshield open. Right now I need a rain parka to keep dry when driving !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks