• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

electrical gremlins blinker repair

mattyboy

I have searched and not found my answer . I have all lights but blinkers . I checked bulbs they are fine. I have checked ground to flasher unit,fine. I have one pin on flasher that has 26 volts and one pin on blinker switch with the same. I have no power to indicator bulb on switch. I have tried to jumper pins on switch but got no result. I know its either the relay or switch but don't want to just throw parts at it. Any way to test/diagnose before I buy parts. Thanks this is the last issue I have and will have a fully operational rig. Going slowly crazy here. Thanks Matt

steelandcanvas

You indicated the flasher unit was operational, and your turn/brake lamps are all good. Open up your turn signal switch unit and look to see that all the contacts are clean and making good connections. We'll troubleshoot this one step at a time.

mattyboy

Everything looks very clean I don't know for sure if flasher is working know it has power to one pin. I just

welldigger

I would replace the flasher unit for starters. Those things are notorious for going bad. Luckily they aren't terribly expensive.

chigger

The solid state flasher gets power from the turn switch and then sends the flashing power back to the turn switch. This power comes from the 3 lever light switch (or pushbutton light switch if it has been upgraded). Since you are not getting any turn signals to work and not able to get the flasher on the turn switch to work, I suspect one of the following:

1) wiring between the solid state flasher and the turn switch
2) defective solid state flasher or missing ground
3) wiring between light switch and turn switch
4) defective light switch or switched in wrong position
5) short driving power to ground

Note: when you disconnect the turn switch, you will loose power to the solid state flasher.
wiring diagram Model (2).jpg

mattyboy

I hate to ask a stupid question but . What position should levers on switch be I swear I tried them all was using service drive and the other in park that is the only way markers light up also

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Headlight switch operation is completely covered in the -10TM.

steelandcanvas

Mattyboy, You've let the cat out of the bag now. Please download the Operator's Manual for your truck. All Operator functions are covered there. No sense in troubleshooting until you've got the basic truck functions understood, I'll be more than happy to help you then.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The flasher unit is relatively easy to bench test.

You have three connections to make, wire marked "B" to 24 volts, wire marked "C" to ground (note that the flasher unit housing is not grounded) and wire marked "A" to a grounded light bulb.

mattyboy

Thank you crane truck that is what I needed5 minute s and now positive flasher bad :) cheap easy fix what would we do with out the internets

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks