• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electrical questions m923

Ok well let me just tell you i hate wiring and electrical systems. My truck has got me stumped (not hard to do) but i was going around today fixing and replacing various lightbulbs. When i got the truck ALL the turn signals worked and i am sure of it. So today walking around the truck the left rear turn signal light wasnt working. Naturally i check the bulb an see if it is good and it was. The socket where it goes in has power on the meter with a steady spike of electricity each time the signal cycles. I then cleaned the contact points and still nothing. I then remembered it was the same bulb as the brake light so i put a brick on the brake and the light comes on. I am guessing it may be a dirty ground on the turn signal or a loose connection but i cant find any. The problem is it was working not but 2 days ago.

Next on the electrical system is the horn. When i push the button nothing happens no click or sound. So i thought it could be the button in the steering wheel and i cleaned it up and soaked the contacts in CLR. Still nothing. I am guessing there is a fuse but where is it? I wish electricity was simple.

now comes the oil pressure guage. When i first start the truck in the morning the oil pressure guage is almost straight up and down (60psi) and once it warms up to operatong tempurature the needle is pegged at the 120 psi part. If the guage is at all correct then i have a major problem as i know the pressure is supposed to be somewhere around 15 psi at idle. Would it be the guage or the sensor sending unit? All electrical engineers welcome at my house. Ha ha

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The bulbs have 2 filaments. I suspect one wire is broke/loose and the other is ok. Change the bulb out.

The horn has a pressure switch/solenoid at the horn under the hood and there is a box at the base of the steering column. Best to check the 23 tm and follow the horn troubleshooitng flow chart.

Same thing for the gauge but I suspect the sending unit that screws into the block is your problem. Gauge appears to be working but getting a faulty reading.

I have tried multiple bulbs that work in other turn signals on the truck. I thought it had to be the bulb but no luck.

Where is the pressure sending unit located on the block for the oil pressure?

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a problem with one of my trucks and it turned out to be the turn signal switch housing. I took it apart and cleaned the housing and contacts and that fixed the problem.

Ok so i figured out the turn signal problem and it turned out to be the housing as said in the previous post. I cleaned the points and it works now!

I got another oil pressure sending unit from the guy here in las cruces parting out his m931a1 so i lucked out there. Now the guage reads a pressure of around 30-50 psi which is well in specified ranges.

I still need to figure out the horn issue but i have found the trouble shooting part for the horn and i think i can figure it out. If i need parts i can gt some from the guy parting out his truck.

I got a few parts from the guy including the oil sensor unit, a hood latch, soft top canopy bars, new seats, and a brake chamber. I put all the parts on yesterday in about an hour and a half. He sold the soft top before i could contact him:( I still need a soft top if anyone has one i would be glad to buy it or if you could connect me with someone who has one. Its not very fun driving with he top off in the winter.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks