• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electronic governor control for MEP 804B

Antonio Pena

Hello, is there anybody’s out there that can help me find a electronic governor control for a MEP 804B any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

Antonio Pena

Hello out there, I replaced A5 with the instructions provided unfortunately I still don’t get any power I here the contact draw in but no out put. Can anybody help with what to check for?

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have a copy of TM 9-6115-643-24?
It has a troubleshooting section regarding no AC output.
It's in section 3.11 in my copy of the TM

Antonio Pena

No voltage at 120V outlet. I Installed a replacement A5 GCU with a schematic you provided for another thread and everything worked out per instructions. I bought an Ebay open box voltage regulator I’m not sure how to test it any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you!

Guyfang

Staff member
The problem my not be in the A5. It might be in the A1, volt regulator, or someplace else. Do your volt and hertz meter move at all during start up?

Antonio Pena

The quad fuse mod is to protect the A1 volt regulator. It has a fuse in it to keep the A1 from over volting.
The quad fuse mod is to protect the A1 volt regulator. It has a fuse in it to keep the A1 from over volting.
I’m dealing with an MEP 804 B the attachment is different?

Guyfang

Staff member
I’m dealing with an MEP 804 B the attachment is different?
I mis-spoke, or better said, mis-wrote, here. The fuse protects the Quad winding FROM being damaged by the A1 volt regulator. But if the fuse is blown, the A1 will not take over the function of producing voltage. The installation of this mod is the same, no mater what set its installed on. My intent here is to make sure that we take this step by step. If the fuse is there and blown, replace it. If the set works, good. If it blows again, you have a bad A1. If the fuse is not there, install one, and try starting again. See if it blows again. Or, if it is good, and no voltage is produced, then we need to see if the Quad circuit is damaged.

Antonio Pena

I mis-spoke, or better said, mis-wrote, here. The fuse protects the Quad winding FROM being damaged by the A1 volt regulator. But if the fuse is blown, the A1 will not take over the function of producing voltage. The installation of this mod is the same, no mater what set its installed on. My intent here is to make sure that we take this step by step. If the fuse is there and blown, replace it. If the set works, good. If it blows again, you have a bad A1. If the fuse is not there, install one, and try starting again. See if it blows again. Or, if it is good, and no voltage is produced, then we need to see if the Quad circuit is damaged.

Antonio Pena

Good morning. When I installed A1 EBAY open box I installed the A1 fuse generator started although there was no power I checked the A1 fuse and it was good, I’ll go through schematic 5.2 troubleshooting to see if it’s a bad voltage regulator! I’ll keep you guys posted Thank You for the HELP! ps the word stator sounds ugly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks