• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine failure, rebuild, with turbo, jakes.

Iceman3005

Heads will be fine if it is turbo charged, if not, you need to have the hole into the intake. 400 injectors will not work because the cam is different. More lift on the 400, .266 V.S. .176 IIRC. Even if I am wrong on the measurement, the BC is WAY different than the SC, you will have a smoke machine, plungers will not seat in the cups.
Lift and duration have nothing to do with the plunger seating.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lift has no bearing on the plunger seating? Explain that. If there were no duration, or outer base circle, carbon would be pushed back into the injector cup, then you'd be changing injectors constantly.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
The big cam injectors will have the Temps too high and you won't have enough air regardless of lift/duration.

Big cam 1,2,3 and small cam heads are the same. Big cam IV heads are different on the exhaust port size.

Call Warren at premco diesel in Texas he can make your some mild over 250 injectors. He is pretty cheap on prices.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Exhaust port size was reduced to speed exhaust gas flow. They are interchangeable, can be mixed on any engine, SC or BC. Only thing difference is the hole in the intake. ReCon heads come with a plug kit and include the 1/16 inch PP to plug the holes on early heads for turbocharged engines.

Still waiting on how the cam lift / profile has no bearing on plunger seating.....

Last edited:

Iceman3005

So found cracks in the block. Complete swap is going to happen now. Found a big cam III 400 for $1500.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where are the cracks? Some counterbore cracks were/are acceptable. Cracks from water passages to the counterbore are easily repaired with a threaded insert. Pics?

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Just found TM's for the bigcam II 400! Sweet! TM-9-2815-226-34-1

So, is the NTC-400 a bolt in replacement for the NTC-250 ?

While gathering info, I found a place called NPDDiesel.com and they sell re-manufactured power. Cummins and CAT. The NHC-250 was surprisingly reasonable compared to a "good takeout". Of course there is a range and I haven't taken the time to dig very deep.

Does anybody here have experience with these folks?

Iceman3005

So, is the NTC-400 a bolt in replacement for the NTC-250 ?

While gathering info, I found a place called NPDDiesel.com and they sell re-manufactured power. Cummins and CAT. The NHC-250 was surprisingly reasonable compared to a "good takeout". Of course there is a range and I haven't taken the time to dig very deep.

Does anybody here have experience with these folks?
Only paid $1500 for the complete Bigcam 400. Couldn't come close to that rebuilding the nhc250, then add a turbo, more power. The small cam is to nortourios for eating cam shafts. Not worth dropping 3-4k on that engine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks