• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine Oil Fuel Dilution Problem

Doodster

Back in February I had a problem with diesel getting into my engine oil. The fuel compensator was already bypassed so I change the three o-rings on the hydraulic head. They were cracked and in bad shape. I monitored the engine oil levels and they did not move. I sent in another sample in August and the fuel dilution is back again. I assume its now getting in through the Injector Pump. Where can I get a rebuilt one or someone who rebuilds them. Currently online I have only found them for $800-$1000 which is too steep for my pocket book.

Also I have oil leaking out of the hole under the clutch. My guess is that I havent seen an increase in oil levels because its leaking out the engine seal.

Here are the critical areas in my Napa oil test

Lead is 43ppm (up from 14ppm in February)
Viscosity is 8.2 (5.1 in February, so it slowed down some)

Thanks
Luke

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are special o-rings that have to be used for the hydraulic head, which if I recall are viton o-rings that will not degrade like your normal o-rings. Did you use the proper o-rings? How bad is the oil leak out of the hole in the bell housing? That leak will most likely be from your rear main seal that is pretty easy to replace, but you have to pull the transmission. I did the rear main when I put in a new clutch assembly, since others on this site had recommended doing it. Also back to the fuel leak, have you removed the flame heater? This could also possibly be your fuel dilution problem. It could also have been just reminants of the fuel left over in the motor from when you initially changed the oil after replacing the o-rings.

RAT

Main fuel pressure pump drive seal. If new rings in hydraulic head and if it runs the head is not the source.
Pull pressure pump, run tank pump, watch for drip.

Welder1

If the hydraulic head O rings are good and the control shaft O ring is sealing then the only other place likely is the booster pump. It has a shaft seal keeping fuel separate from the oil side. The AMBAC repair data says to test the pump with 30 PSI air and submerge in water to detect any leakage. To remove the booster pump the engine will have the be elevated and pulled towards the pass side some.

Doodster

I am going to check the o-ring on the control shaft first. I had this feeling it didnt fit as tightly as it should.