• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine oil in accumulator tanks?

jbeachmba

Is it possible for engine oil to get into the air supply of the Deuce?

I have a NEW small oil leak that comes out of the flywheel housing that has only recently started. I think is from the rear main seal but is manageable at this time and considered "marking my territory" size leak.

This causes oil to be blown back under the truck when driving it and it is possible to get oil on the blow off valves on the accumulator tanks. But it appears to me that the oil is in the tank.

I can not think of how the oil could get into the air system.

Do any of you know if oil can get in the air system and what could be causing it?

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I get a little oil in one of my air tanks also. A little is ok.
It comes from the air compressor.
If you are getting a lot of oil you may check your filter on the compressor or your compressor my be going bad.
If your filter is stopped up the compressor pull in oil.

I read this in a thread about a month ago.

jbeachmba

I ran my truck the other day for about 120 miles at 60 mph and it was 95 degrees out side and 105 degrees inside the truck.

The engine temp stayed about 200 for most of the trip but the last 20 min it reached 210. It appears that this caused the rear main to leak and my bet is at the same time it caused the oil to get past the piston and thus the reason for the oil in the accumulator tank.

Both have since slowed down but I think it was the high heat and high temp of the engine and the oil that lead to these leaks. I am going to watch this a bit and if the rear main does not get better I am going to try the Bars rear main leak stop to hold me over for a bit.

I was concerned that this was a sign of a much bigger problem with the engine. It seems to run well except for these new small leaks.

Thank you for the help.

Wolf.Dose

If you have oil in the air system, look for a new compressor. The actual one is worn out. Due to experience repair is not helpfull, just pushes beside extra costs the aqvisision of a new one to the futur.
Wolf

jbeachmba

M35A2-AZ

Where is the air compressor filter located? Do you have a drawing or can you point me to the correct mannual?

I will try to clean this out and see if it shows any improvement. If not I will look for a new one.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M35A2-AZ

Where is the air compressor filter located? Do you have a drawing or can you point me to the correct mannual?

I will try to clean this out and see if it shows any improvement. If not I will look for a new one.
jbeachmba, The filter is on the side of the air compressor. Sorry I do not have the manuals with me.
You can just replace it or try cleaning it.