• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine Prelube Info....

Flatlander

RE: Preluber pics

They're about the size of a car starter...pretty heavy, too. If your're judging the size by the pressure hoses in the first picture, those hoses are BIG.

The input and output on the pump is over an inch...not sure exactly what size.

houdel

Hydraulic pump fittings come in a variety of thread styles besides your standard JIC flare and NPT types. Those might be SAE treads. Surplus Center has quite a few adapters to convert to other thread types. Lets get 10 of us together to make a buy at the reduced price and give it a go!

houdel

Flatlander - Why not blow a bunch of stuff up this guys butt? Tell him a bunch of folks on this site are interested in his pumps and to give the $100 price to steel soldiers members. If that pump works, and I don't see why it wouldn't, he would get a lot of sales from us.

Star266

Flatlander, that is an excellent find, please count me for one maybe two and of course if there are any adapter/ hoses for that pump i will take them too.

george

Flatlander

RE: Re: RE: Preluber pics

Lee, that's a good idea...I'll talk to him on the 5th and see if he will let us have the pumps at that price, and also if he will ship them out...Might not be a bad idea for someone (you, maybe?) to buy one and install it before everyone sends off for a pump!

Patrick, if I stare at your avatar, I swear I can see Anna-Nicole Smith's ghost winking at me...She's from Mexia, isn't she?

Derek

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I am interested in one at least are they test run or have a growler test at least? Please let us know what the shipping and total cost per unit will be. I always chinge when I start my duece because of the time spent with 0 oil pressure at startup.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm interested in one, perhaps two, but my budget won't allow it for a while. Doing the manual pump for starters with all parts on hand or on their way here.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
This looks like a great find, and off hand I have to say I am in for two. It would be nice to get one of these in the hands of someone with some skilz to figure out the threads and stuff before we all end up with pumps that might needs some doing. Any chance of getting some of these pump pre thread adapted? I would prefer to deal with the original threads, and don't want them boggered up.

As it turns out I found some sort of electric pallet jack/forklift motor and pump today. It was in a bin of other misc stuff, so no telling what it from. The motor does list it as 36V/48V though. I know it should run on 24V, but I don't know what speed. Do DC motors work where say a 48V 3000RPM motor would turn 1500RPM at 24V? I have to go back tomorrow to see the owner for a price, and if it is cheap it might be worth a try.

Houdel did you get the pipe thread taped drain plug yet?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
builder77 said:
Houdel did you get the pipe thread taped drain plug yet?
Do your own. Just drill and tap the drain plug. Did one of mine last week.

Footnote: I played around with the oil pump from a parts MF engine the other day and the gears do not act as a perfect check valve, they will let oil pass thru at a slow rate, so the prelube pump will have to fight this also. Don't know how much of a negative this is, but we'll all find out no doubt.

Attachments

dmetalmiki

pre lube

your project sounds good. and not acting as a check valve doesn't matter. MINE drains back each and every time its stood. BUT gents...so it takes 30seconds to prime full..WHAT A NICE (satisfying) feeling when the oil press(eventualy). climbs to 15 lbs or so B 4 pushing the start button...good luck..and success!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: pre lube

Bjorn, is there a port on the oil cooler/filter housing that one could tap into so when this preluber is used, it is feeding filtered oil to the engine. I do not like the idea of pulling from the sump and putting the un filtered stuff right into the engine. Sorry if this has been hit on b-4. this is a long thread!

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: pre lube

Page four of this thread in the red box. That port is the one you use to drian oil when you change the oil. It feeds oil upstream of the filters, so the oil has to get filtered before it goes forward.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks