• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine runs , fuel pump don't

tco3129

Noticed no hum coming from the fueltank so I checked it out. I got no (like that " got no " yeah I'm a hillbilly ) noise from the tank, no aggitation and no squirt from the primary fuel drain. My question is How is my engine running?
I am running 60% WMO 40% diesel and fuel conditioner. Again HOW ?

digitaldust

your truck has a working IP injector pump on the engine . till you get air leek or run " low on fuel "
your ok.

Check the fuel pump fuse if you need more info or to talk to another deuce owner call me
810-Five 77 35two 4 call any time

also check the plug for 24v with switch turned on . then check that ground is ok. Its the wire from the frame nearest the tank .

hope this helps

tco3129

On flat ground ( hard to find here ) it will run against the gov and do over 50. Never driven or rode in another deuce but mine seems to pull the hills reasonably well. :lost:

AGE|kshaufl

Ditto digitaldust, check the plug on the pump, check the fuse, and check the ground. Typically the pumps dont go bad. They do fall apart and can be put back together, but don't go bad.

Good luck.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
2 out of the 3 military 6x6's I've owned have had dead fuel pumps. I just ended up replacing them with an external airtex fuel pump.

Check your fuse first and foremost. It's under that cover where the power cable plugs into the pump(tank).

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Yes, they go bad. Make no mistake.
The Gimpster speaks the truth.....I have replaced a couple of bad ones......the usual suspect is the fuse. It requires a slow blow one that ain't cheap.

The second issue is the bottom falling off the foot of the pump...some of the newer ones are rivieted in.....anytime I have to put one back together I always drill a small hole and secure it with a small self tapping metal screw.

tco3129

OK, I checked everything out including pulling the pump. Funny, the pump will run upside down. Rattles like crazy upside down. It's trash. found new replacement for $151. Order it payday.:-D

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
OK, I checked everything out including pulling the pump. Funny, the pump will run upside down. Rattles like crazy upside down. It's trash. found new replacement for $151. Order it payday.:-D
If you can live with a pump on the outside of the tank, the airtex pump is only $70.

micmccon

I was going to drain some fuel out of the fuel filter to investigate the extended crank condition that I've noticed on my Deuce. I had the wife turn the main switch on while I listened at the tank and I got nothing! I am soooo glad I didn't drain out the filter before checking this. I suppose I would have had a large green truck to tow out into the yard until I could bring my volt meter home to investigate the pump issue! The wife would have been pissed! Oh, well I can wail until Monday .

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
search people , search!

Airtex, deuce forum or modified deuce forum

fuel pump fuse,slow blow, same forums...

Both have been repeatedly posted.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks