• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine runs , fuel pump don't

micmccon

5 amp? I went and took the cover off the top of the fuel pump cover and found a "military field fix" was done on mine with a couple of crimp connecters and a standard 20A mini fuse which was blown. They neglected to get all the wiring back under the cover and had smooshed it with the cover to the point that the wire was making contact with the metal cover. I just used some 14ga. wire and more crimp connectors and another 20A mini fuse and the pump now works. Truck fires up very quickly. I will research the correct fuse and attempt to restore it to original configuration. So glad the pump runs! :grin:

tco3129

FIXED !! Ran out of luck using the draft of the IP. When I checked the pump originally I had taken the internal fuel line loose. Didn't get it tight enough and vibrated loose. Left me and the wife stranded 25mi from home. took a day off work and drove to Clarks Truck Parts.relatively expensive but within an hours drive. Got a pump and another spring seat for the wife. ON THE ROAD AGAIN !!!:jumpin: