• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Epic m925 adventure

jtron79

This is the beggining of my truck thread, I'm starting at recovery, technically recovery from GL already took place here thanks to Glenn and all his hard work and advice!!

Whats left? only 1800 miles of transport!!! I am posting pics of my route in hopes people will leave me contact info along the way just in case murphy sneaks in. If anyone has a floor 4 of us could sleep on I would greatly appreciate it as we are trying to conserve cost a bit. Kind of surprising fuel for recover is amounting to the same as purchase price. :whistle:

My wife and Medic5050 and his wife are making the journey and we are all excited for the epic adventure.

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
wow, when are you doing the trip, you are getting into snow time for most of your route

rrrr

That's a haul !

I just decided to have my M932a1 put on a trailer and brought the 650 miles to my house. Only cost a few hundred more and I don't have to worry about a mid journey break down.

Good luck. I think I might have bid on that truck !

jtron79

Next wednesday! i'm not too worried about snow, It's the ice that gets the pucker factor up. Unfortunately it would be close to 4k to have it shipped. so that's not an option.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Next wednesday! i'm not too worried about snow, It's the ice that gets the pucker factor up. Unfortunately it would be close to 4k to have it shipped. so that's not an option.
the trouble is, the highways get CLOSED at times with ice and snow. also at times CHAINS ARE required.

You know the trip cost and ONE break down could cost more then trucking, 4 people, second vehicle, fuel at about maybe 6 mpg, plus the unexpected add up quick

1800 miles is 300 gal at 6mpg if you can get that, bet it will be closer to 500 gal used, with going though the mountains

Last edited:

91W350

You could sell it locally! 8) It has been nice having one around town, even if only about 50 people ever get to see it.

Sure is a nice looking deuce you are dragging around! You might get better mileage if you left it here, the deuce, of course.

I was just there this morning and again this afternoon, I hope Murphy stays away and you have a safe trip. It drove, ran and shifted good for me, let's keep that ball rolling. I have some really nice 1100 NDTs that I would be glad to trade you out of, those tires would look great on my deuce. I am looking forward to meeting you and the troopers. Glen

91W350

the trouble is, the highways get CLOSED at times with ice and snow. also at times CHAINS ARE required.

You know the trip cost and ONE break down could cost more then trucking, 4 people, second vehicle, fuel at about maybe 6 mpg, plus the unexpected add up quick
I know a guy with some 1100 chains, brand new ones! I was going to cut them down for my deuce. Maybe I better send them along!

jtron79

You could sell it locally! 8) It has been nice having one around town, even if only about 50 people ever get to see it.

Sure is a nice looking deuce you are dragging around! You might get better mileage if you left it here, the deuce, of course.

I was just there this morning and again this afternoon, I hope Murphy stays away and you have a safe trip. It drove, ran and shifted good for me, let's keep that ball rolling. I have some really nice 1100 NDTs that I would be glad to trade you out of, those tires would look great on my deuce. I am looking forward to meeting you and the troopers. Glen
I thought it was funny when i pulled up your google map and zoomed in to two deuces parked by the arrow!

I'd love to trade you those tires for some 16's ;)

jtron79

I know a guy with some 1100 chains, brand new ones! I was going to cut them down for my deuce. Maybe I better send them along!
I had a full set for a deuce but they went with the deuce i sold, i would of gladly brought them to you if i had known.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
You guys are flat crazy, but I love it. Best of luck! :beer:

jtron79

1800 miles is 300 gal at 6mpg if you can get that, bet it will be closer to 500 gal used, with going though the mountains
I appreciate opinions and any help people give. I have given complete thought to every route possible on this recovery, believe me, lost many a nights sleep. I'm no rank noob and i fully understand any and all risks in my undertaking. I have been a CDL driver for a long time and lived in the pacific northwest my entire life. I know how to handle myself and any given situation i place said self. Thank you for your concern.

Bighurt

Best of luck Jason!

Speaking from experience, you'll need it. I hope you get some guys along the way to open up and offer safe harbor.

jtron79

You can do it. We recently recovered from Roger in Ohio 3 M35A2 trucks all the way to Roseburg, OR...

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/conversations/65663-thanks-roger-military-trucks.html

Awesome trip.... Lots of fun..
thanks for the encouragement! we will soon have enough trucks in Oregon to make a rally!

im closer to the end of your journey about 30 miles from the oregon washington border, but if you get close and have a problem or need a place to crash just let me know
Thank you Sir! medic5050 is in portland so we're fairly covered there, I grew up close to ontario and have tons of family in boise/caldwell/ontario so as long as i'm on I-84 in idaho or oregon i'm feeling better, but thank you again!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks