• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Epic m925 adventure

91W350

I went out today and removed the plastic wedge that has been holding the driver's window up and removed the inner door panel. One of the clips was off of the lower arm, it has been broken. The arm was still in the guide though. I shoved the window back up and removed the regulator. t looks brand new, but whatever holds the back of the window crank shaft in center is gone. The gears do not mesh, they just wedge. I had pulled a few regulators, so I replaced yours with a much uglier one out of an early 70's M820, but it works smoothly.

I opened the petcocks for the heater, but could not get the truck fired up. Be sure to bring four batteries! Two would probably get you by. I do not have adapters for my slave cables, so I could not slave it off. I let my deuce run for about an hour at 1200 charging the batteries. It just will not crank hard enough to fire.

The passenger's door has a weak regulator in it as well. If I get time this week, I will replace it as well. I left the broken clip and your beautiful, but non-functional regulator on the driver's floor board. Maybe it can be fixed, maybe not.... It is nice here today, but it is supposed to drop into the teens this week. Glen

jtron79

Sorry guys, I didn't get any notice there had been posts here. I had to postpone the trip for a couple reasons.after which I got a shipping quote for 2500, he is supposed to be there tomorrow. Sound like Glen will need help with the starting though. I would be totally up sh*t creek without him.

mcmullag

wow that will be an epic journey. I went to see family in St. Louis 3 yrs ago at Christmas and on the way back westbound, Interstate 70 was closed between Colby, KS and Denver. The steady strong wind from the north kept blowing the snow back onto the highway, the crews could not keep up with it, and it was 5 degrees out. I was in a 3/4 ton 4x4 suburban at the time and the staties let me pass thru two of their roadblocks on the interstate at exits with hotels, but finally at the thrid one at Colby, nobody was let thru. If I were you, I would wait till next spring for a nice 900 seires out of Utah or WA, etc, there are going to be many more 900's coming...... 2cents

91W350

I did get it fired up, a single #2 set of cables did not transfer enough juice, a second set cranked her right off! Unfortunately, his truck driver must be a flake... no calls. The truck is fine sitting here, has plenty of antifreeze and is in a safe location. If Jason needs to wait until the spring thaw, that is perfectly okay! The SS Transport might be able to help him out some, some North Dakota boys are rolling in for another M925 soon.

jtron79

I think the broker never had a driver lined up and has just been yanking my... leg ya leg that's it.. I'm going to get my deposit back tomorrow and move on looking for another shipper, if i end up not finding one then second plan will probly be better weather and a continuation on the trip. Thanks Glen i'll send ya pm on the nd boys..

Bighurt

I did get it fired up, a single #2 set of cables did not transfer enough juice, a second set cranked her right off! Unfortunately, his truck driver must be a flake... no calls. The truck is fine sitting here, has plenty of antifreeze and is in a safe location. If Jason needs to wait until the spring thaw, that is perfectly okay! The SS Transport might be able to help him out some, some North Dakota boys are rolling in for another M925 soon.
You have a tow bar for sale Glen?

If you did Karl and Troy could use that to get it home and I'd gladly buy a tow-bar if neither one of them wants one. :beer:

I offered to help Karl, but he said he's good.

91W350

I have a tow bar, but not for sale. That would not stop me from buying a second one though and you could bring it back sometime through. I am sure Troy has to have a couple with his collection!