• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

EUC finally approved!!! Need pickup.....

Finally received my approved paperwork for my Deuce, exactly 6 months to the day I won my auction on Feb. 4. :)

Need transportation from Camp Beauregard, LA to near Ville Platte, LA, a distance of 55-60 miles tops.

Willing to pay reasonable rates.

Can anyone help? EUC was approved yesterday, I have 10 business days to get er done!

LongueCarabine

Having it picked up on Tuesday, August 17. Found a hauler and it seems like a good deal. It's only 60 miles away, but I would rather not drive an unfamiliar truck that distance, too much downside.

The bad thing is that I won't be able to take off work to deal with it, but my brother will help out. I can't believe I am finally going to have this thing home. It's been over six months.

LC

Finally got it home!!! Gonna post pics as soon as I have time. Hired a local driver to pick it up, my brother and a friend also went to lend a hand as needed, I couldn't go because of work.

To say that I am happy is an understatement. The Sergeant at Beauregard said my Deuce had been sitting at least a year and a half at the yard, maybe two years. Hooked up the slave cable and took about 3 seconds of cranking to get her going. He then drove her onto the lowboy and a little over an hour later they were home.

I came in from work last night to play with the truck a bit, jumped in and she fired right up. What a sweet sound, she's a whistler. Actually took it for a spin in my yard, although it was a short ride. Gonna need some brake work, there's a leak in one of the rear wheel cylinders. Other than that, just need to take the time to check fluids, etc. Already putting the batteries on a slow deep charge.

Can't wait to get home this weekend, gonna try out the winch, unspool the line and coat it in grease.

LC

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks