• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

EUC finally approved!!! Need pickup.....

Finally received my approved paperwork for my Deuce, exactly 6 months to the day I won my auction on Feb. 4. :)

Need transportation from Camp Beauregard, LA to near Ville Platte, LA, a distance of 55-60 miles tops.

Willing to pay reasonable rates.

Can anyone help? EUC was approved yesterday, I have 10 business days to get er done!

LongueCarabine

Having it picked up on Tuesday, August 17. Found a hauler and it seems like a good deal. It's only 60 miles away, but I would rather not drive an unfamiliar truck that distance, too much downside.

The bad thing is that I won't be able to take off work to deal with it, but my brother will help out. I can't believe I am finally going to have this thing home. It's been over six months.

LC

Finally got it home!!! Gonna post pics as soon as I have time. Hired a local driver to pick it up, my brother and a friend also went to lend a hand as needed, I couldn't go because of work.

To say that I am happy is an understatement. The Sergeant at Beauregard said my Deuce had been sitting at least a year and a half at the yard, maybe two years. Hooked up the slave cable and took about 3 seconds of cranking to get her going. He then drove her onto the lowboy and a little over an hour later they were home.

I came in from work last night to play with the truck a bit, jumped in and she fired right up. What a sweet sound, she's a whistler. Actually took it for a spin in my yard, although it was a short ride. Gonna need some brake work, there's a leak in one of the rear wheel cylinders. Other than that, just need to take the time to check fluids, etc. Already putting the batteries on a slow deep charge.

Can't wait to get home this weekend, gonna try out the winch, unspool the line and coat it in grease.

LC