• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

EUC's and DRMS

jwaller

ok, so it's been about 6 months since I won an auction for a muti fuel motor and its' been about 3 months since I sent in the revisions for the final time. and just yesterday I got a letter from the DOD and DRMS telling me about what I can and cant do with the property that I might one day be able to pickup.

so my question is how long will it be from the time I got the letter to when I'll finally get my euc approval?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: EUC

Sounds like you might have already gotten it. Call GL or check your account on their website. I can't imagine they would tell you what you can and can't do if you had not been approved.

alphadeltaromeo

That has got to be very discouraging indeed. It's only been 7 days today for my EUC since submission. I check multiple times during the day to see how it's going. Hopefully yours completes very soon!

jwaller

I was told today that the person in charge of that auction has left the company. dunno how true it is but I have to take their word for it. I stopped checking mine so often bc it's very depressing. I now only check about 1 time every couple days. I was also told that DRMS is very very slow and that the 45days is no longer the norm. more like double.

houdel

It gets worse.

I won a bid for two multifuel engines in Columbus OH on 8/22/06.
I faxed a copy of my EUC to GL on 8/24/06.

On 8/29/06 I received an email from a Rachael Anderson at GL telling me to make a change in Section II Line 1A of my EUC.
I faxed a second copy of my EUC to GL on 8/30/06.

On 8/31/06 I received another email from Rachael Anderson telling me that since I changed Section II Line 1A of my EUC, I ALSO had to make a change in Section II Box "C".
I faxed a third copy of my EUC to GL on 9/05/06.

In early October I noticed my EUC status had changed from "EUC Sent to DRMS" to "Problem Report Received from DRMS". I immediately sent an email to Rachael Anderson asking what the problem was. No Response. I sent a second email. No Response.

On 10/30/06 I received an email from a Tiffany Liddile at GL telling me to resubmit Page 2 of my EUC with the current date.
I faxed a fourth copy of my EUC to GL on 10/30/06.

On 11/17/06 I received another email from Tiffany Liddile telling me they never received (i.e., lost) my fax from 10/30/06.
I faxed a fifth copy of my EUC to GL on 11/21/06. That same day I received an email from Tiffany that my last fax had been received by GL and that she was " sending (it) directly over to DRMS / Trade Securities right now".

Today is December 6, 2006. My EUC status on GL is still "Problem Report Sent to Customer", dated 10/30/06!

Go figure!

jatonka

Lee, you sound a little impatient with the competency of our GL servants.
I have gone through exactly the same kind of bull many times.
The last time it was this bad, the things that neede changing were things they had pre typed into the form when I brought it up on screen to fill it out.
I would like to help them get removed from their position and go back to DRMS.
Old timers tell me no chance, the gov. wants it this way, fewer DRMS pensions in the future and less citizens with gov't property in their yards.
Good luck to you and all the rest of the guys, John Tennis

willysmd

Help explain to someone over here what you are all on about GL's, DRMS ?????????? is this about trying to register a truck?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

GL is Government Liquidation, the contractor that is selling DOD (department of defense) surplus. They get their stuff from DRMO (Defense Reutilizing and Marketing Service). We used to buy direct from DRMS then GL came along and everything is a mess. EUC is the end user certificate which we have to complete to buy the truck. It governs who, how and why you can or can't sell the truck.
Hope this Helps!

willysmd

Yep thanks, it seems to be a long winded affair to get a hobby started, do they check you out security wise etc.

Manstein

Chaplain Emeritus
My auction ended on 10/24/06 I sent the EUC and had to make a correction. Tiffany is the one who has helped me and told me that it probably take about at least 30 days. I've talked to her a couple of times and she has been very helpful.

I learned a valuable lesson several years ago when I was in Jamaica. We had been there for 2 weeks building a school for deaf kids and when we got ready to return there was a strike with the air traffic controllers in the country. When we arrived at the airport, there were hundreds and hundreds of people laying around and actually living there. None of the major air carriers would dare send any planes to the island so the only planes flying were Air Jamaica. Fortunately, that's who we were ticketed with.
When we got to the gate there was a representative from the airline standing at a podium and there were about 50 Americans standing there shouting and telling her they had rights and all the blah, blah, blah that goes with being pompous and obnoxious. A guy from our group went up and very calmly said, "I know this is not your fault. I'm with a pretty big group and if there is anything we can do to make your job easier, please let us know. We'll sit together and try to stay out of your way."
This lady stood there and listened to the whining masses for about 10 more minutes and then disappeared. A few minutes later she sent another employee out to tell us to quietly get out bags together and drift off, one at a time toward another part of the airport. When we all got there, the same lady who was listening to all the people who had "rights", comes back out and says, "You people were so nice, I have made arrangements for you to get on the last flight going out for the next 3 days. Thank you for being so patient."
We hustled out of the airport and up the rear stairs into a waiting Air Jamaica 727, taxied to the end of the runway, stopped, looked both ways and threw it into the wind.

Now having said all that, it's easy to place blame. But, be careful how much dust you throw up in the air. You'd hate to find out that someone at DMRS is reading these posts.
Remember, you'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

The people that work at GL are all individuals who probably get blasted every day about a system that they don't control.

I'm still waiting for mine. I check my status everyday and get depressed, then recover and wait for the next day. I know exactly how you feel.

Scrounger

The first time I had to do an EUC the nice young lady told me it would take at least two months for my first EUC approval. I mentioned that just perhaps with the security clearances that I have had over the years it might be a little faster. She was adamant that it would take at least two months. That first one took ten days to clear, the second one six days. When Scottsdale does there thing it usually only takes around two days now for them to clear, however they have been known to “misplace” things, then it takes extra time.
What I have found that speeds things up a great deal is to dutifully fill out the forms, down load, print and sign them. However rather than fax them, scan them into the computer and email it to the proper person as an attachment. This way it gets to the right person and most importantly they can read it.

m38inmaine

My auction event 2621 ended 28 November, awarded property 29 November, faxed EUC 29 November, got an e-mail today from Tiffany requesting two revisions, same as mentioned above, section II 1A write in "for intended use" and section II 1C check the box and remove" not applicable". I faxed and scanned the form to make sure she got it ok. I will update as progress continues. Looks like a dedicated EUC forum might be a good idea so as to tell others what to expect and common revisions.

Update: 12/07/06 EUC sent to DRMS(same day as revisions sent back)

westfolk

I have some EUCs go right through. Others that bounce around for weeks. My longest was four weeks. The last week of that was approved, but they didn't grab the money. So I waited for my invoice.

devilman96

Guys... Any time that you have a problem with GL I highly recommend taking that problem (with documentation) to your local congressional office.

Gl is a government contractor... and a PISS POOR one at best. They are making a killing off of the items sold and are not being held accountable for their mistakes and or more often blatant ignorance. I would say the better part of us have had issues with them in some way, shape or form...

The only way that will ever change will be if you make your problems known enough times, if your rolling your eyes and thinking yeah right, it will not make a difference look at what happened with titling... The change came due to the fire storm of complaints which lead to a congressional hearing on the issue.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I just checked with them and they give you the same old " we have so much to do at the end of a sale line" I have had two EUC's in the past and both of those cases it took them just over a month to get the EUC collected and my invoice produced. What gets me is that they can not tell me if they have it only that they process them in groups. I understand a group submission but not having a status on one faxed in less than ten hours after the close of the sale is not good business practice. I am still waiting for a response on the notarized fax I sent on refunding over $200 of tax they collected on vehicles that they by law were not supposed to. I can get no where with them on my dime on the phone or with the online help other than the standard answer of it takes 7 days to process the EUC's from the sale. Good thing the Army is not like this or we would never win a war.

jwaller

well I am happy to report as of this am I finally received my PAID IN FULL invoice for my 6 month old auction. I have to believe that it was due to the posts here. It's just too much of a coincidence. GL has not updated their site as to the status of this but I did get am email with PDF of a receipt.

now if they can just clear up my other EUC I'll be as happy as a pig in slop.

williamh

jwaller said:
well I am happy to report as of this am I finally received my PAID IN FULL invoice for my 6 month old auction. I have to believe that it was due to the posts here. It's just too much of a coincidence. GL has not updated their site as to the status of this but I did get am email with PDF of a receipt.

now if they can just clear up my other EUC I'll be as happy as a pig in slop.

when i got my trucks .. won on 9/11/02 cleared on 3/25/03 so 6 months was my experence also . but i still got trucks and thats all that mattered :wink: