• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ever see a m105-DT

KsM715

Is there any "how-to" info on this? I'm looking at getting a trailer and need it to dump so I dont have to shovel out the dirt and mulch I plan on hauling with it. Im looking for how the cylinder is mounted and how the hinge points are built.

Would this work with a bigger trailer? Like a bolster trailer? Ill be using the M818 to pull it not the M715.

ClockworkSkin

I have two M101 trailers that I'll be picking up on Tuesday and I would be interesting in doing this to at least one of them. Plans, or even better a kit, would be awesome.

KsM715

Sending off the EUC for the 105 today and I "must" turn this into a dumper in order to justify the purchase. I would really like to see how the cylinder is mounted and how the hinges are done.

KsM715

Ive got my trailer sitting in my driveway waiting on any info and pics on this conversion, particularly the hinges and cylinder mounts. Has anyone used the harbor freight air/hydraulic cylinder ? I read the user manual on that cylinder and it says to not use it in a horizontal mount. anyone know why? For the price it might be worth it just to try and if it doesnt work I wouldnt be out that much. :?:

KsM715

Yes Ive googled and found many kits. I'm hoping I can see how he built the hinge point, since the frame ends at the back of the box. (no overhang) the only way I can think of building a hinge would be to cut the frame shorter or have the hing sticking out the back and interfearing with the tailgate being able to open 180 degrees.

KsM715

Ok after looking at the install .pdf and looking at the original pics to this thread I see that the back of the trailer frame is either cut off or modified for the hinge.

papercu, thats one of the sites I looked at when I googled dump bed kits and they have a smaller kit on clearence. its still more than I want to pay right now though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks