• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

exhaust routing for M35/M35A1

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone have any good pics or diagrams of the exhaust routing for the original M35 or M35A1? I have an M35A2 with a bad exhaust stack, was thinking or re-routing it a-la early deuce and having a truck with the performance of a turbo deuce, but I can repaint into a Vietnam era truck, and it would look the part.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think it might be a bit undersized(id) for a turbo engine. Definitely would need some custom fabbing too

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh I would use larger diameter pipe, I would just have the pipe coming out in a different location, whatever the original location was. I can fab it up...might even put a muffler on it to sound a little less like an A2.

jatonka

The horizontal exhaust kits have to be out there somewhere. In a warehouse waiting for us to decide we want peace and quiet again. Tree hugger folks complained about the convoy smoking out all the beetles, so they stuck 'em up through the fenders. figure that? JT out

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tree hugger folks complained about the convoy smoking out all the beetles, JT out

And probably, those same tree huggers went to The Beetles concerts and got smoked up!

Crazyguyla

The horizontal exhaust kits have to be out there somewhere. In a warehouse waiting for us to decide we want peace and quiet again.
Memphis Equipment has the horizantal pipes. I just ordered all the pipes for my gasser. They have the pipes for the LD465 too. Could be pricey.

Heat77

I am a new owner of a M35a2 and will need to replace my exhaust it has rusted pretty bad at the top of the stand pipe and causing water to get down the pipe when it rains. Then when I start it up it shoots black wet water out onto the front left side of my deuce. What is the difference between the non-turbo and the turbo exhaust pipes. Mine is the non-turbo. Thanks for any help!

A.M General

I know this thread is old but it is a pertinent question, was the horizontal exhaust mounted behind the battery box and fuel tank or run overtop them? I can't tell by the diagram

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks