• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Expeditions, adventures or just a campout

Rhino 5/4

What are the possibilities of those of us with MV conversions sharing their trips and upcoming plans. Might be opportunities to meet in person, find a new trail to explore or many other possibilities. For me, it seems as though even a night in the sticks can turn into a good story to share after the dust clears and grease and oil finally dissapears from the fingernails. And that was before I got the M725 Hehehe! Just thinking out loud and may be something started already I didn't see.

CMPPhil

What are the possibilities of those of us with MV conversions sharing their trips and upcoming plans. Might be opportunities to meet in person, find a new trail to explore or many other possibilities. ......! Just thinking out loud and may be something started already I didn't see.
This sounds like a great suggestion for a regular feature thread. Hope people will post past, present, and future fun MV driving experience.

I just read about a recent group trip down under in Australia from Alice Springs to Darwin, will try and post a link that will work.

Cheers Phil

Rhino 5/4

Second road trip for the ol girl. 168mi to camp. Best I figure without fueling up is about 8mpg. Probably not bad considering the headwind and gears. Case maintained 230* or under as long as I stayed below 60mph. Was over 90* and engine and case temp dropped as the ambient temp went down. Had to re wire my plug for my headset today. Had to rob the plug for something else. Should be a little easier on the ears going home. Learning what works and doesn't with the boys so good trips far. Lots and lots of little things that need to be done to make her a little more user friendly. 20211009_162739.jpg20211009_091341.jpg20211009_155506.jpg

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I seem to relate to the the blond's plight that i just cant get enough butter & jelly biscuts and theres never enough and it better be real salted butter or theres going to be a fit thrown in the kitchen till shiets sorted out !!!!!! You cant top takeing them 2 camping and as often as you can because the liberal ass teachers are just getting started on both of them 2 not to listen to grandpa hes crazy and their other brain washing !

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did the dog give you verbal permission to share his likeness ! He does poses the expectancy of privacy while guarding his camp !

Rhino 5/4

Very much agree with you Chucky about the brain washing and really a lack of education of our youth. But again history will repeat itself because of it. I will try my best. They live in the heart of the fight for Texas freedom (Gonzalez , Goliad, San Antonio and San Jacinto) so lots of places to go and explore and share the truth. I get time to reflect myself, traveling the Imortal 32 highway between Gonzalez and Bastrop. I wonder if the fight for freedom will ever be seen again? Will lines in the sand ever be drawn again, will the sabers of freedom ever rattle? Will all those that has fought and died before us be for nothing more than time bought with blood for what is inevitable?
But then again I think too much.

To change the subject. Had a good time with the boys. The ol girl made a 350mi round trip in 90* weather 10mph head wind going down and 8mpg. 20mph tail wind and almost 10. Not bad for a 54 year old truck with a tyranny locked up and didn't know if the 350 even ran when I bought her along with everything else in disrepair.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very much agree with you Chucky about the brain washing and really a lack of education of our youth. But again history will repeat itself because of it. I will try my best. They live in the heart of the fight for Texas freedom (Gonzalez , Goliad, San Antonio and San Jacinto) so lots of places to go and explore and share the truth. I get time to reflect myself, traveling the Imortal 32 highway between Gonzalez and Bastrop. I wonder if the fight for freedom will ever be seen again? Will lines in the sand ever be drawn again, will the sabers of freedom ever rattle? Will all those that has fought and died before us be for nothing more than time bought with blood for what is inevitable?
But then again I think too much.

To change the subject. Had a good time with the boys. The ol girl made a 350mi round trip in 90* weather 10mph head wind going down and 8mpg. 20mph tail wind and almost 10. Not bad for a 54 year old truck with a tyranny locked up and didn't know if the 350 even ran when I bought her along with everything else in disrepair.
Sad but NO they have after 4 generations broke the back of FREE WILL ! You cant send 3 out of 10 people to work and tax them for everyting you can then send the other 7 a check to stay home the only thing required of them is to whine and complain and vote every 4 years then the 3 working will never be herd again . They have figured out finally how to never lose another election so enjoy the veiw its not going to change! And back to your truck you had said something about it running 230 degrees if your wanting it to run cooler amazon has some good deals on aluminum racing radiators with electric fan packages and everything else sounds like you got the tiger by the tail !

Rhino 5/4

Sad but NO they have after 4 generations broke the back of FREE WILL ! You cant send 3 out of 10 people to work and tax them for everyting you can then send the other 7 a check to stay home the only thing required of them is to whine and complain and vote every 4 years then the 3 working will never be herd again . They have figured out finally how to never lose another election so enjoy the veiw its not going to change! And back to your truck you had said something about it running 230 degrees if your wanting it to run cooler amazon has some good deals on aluminum racing radiators with electric fan packages and everything else sounds like you got the tiger by the tail !
Well said sir.

Rhino 5/4

We are as ready as we will ever be I believe. Heading out tomorrow afternoon in the Rhino to South Dakota. I bought a spare water pump and starter along with a ujoint and the bottom storage box full of different fluids, air compressor, spare flaps and tube. After a few short trips and pulling a heavy trailer with a skid steer last weekend, lots of confidence in the ol girl. I'll post pictures along the way. Going to be a grand adventure.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We are as ready as we will ever be I believe. Heading out tomorrow afternoon in the Rhino to South Dakota. I bought a spare water pump and starter along with a ujoint and the bottom storage box full of different fluids, air compressor, spare flaps and tube. After a few short trips and pulling a heavy trailer with a skid steer last weekend, lots of confidence in the ol girl. I'll post pictures along the way. Going to be a grand adventure.
Going prarie dog hunting ? Where you going in SD you got to check out THE bLACK HILLS and MT RUSHMORE

Rhino 5/4

Going prarie dog hunting ? Where you going in SD you got to check out THE bLACK HILLS and MT RUSHMORE
Pheasant and Duck. Yes we are going early and do some exploring. My friend that invited me is from SoDa and has a sister in Rapid City then we will go to South East corner to go hunting with his grandson.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man that sounds great ! I took the year off from duck hunting last year and my buddies here are brushing in the blinds now getting ready now ! Check out the Stoeger m3500 1/3 the price of a Benelli Super black eagle or Browning A4 its retailing from 669 to 729

Rhino 5/4

Man that sounds great ! I took the year off from duck hunting last year and my buddies here are brushing in the blinds now getting ready now ! Check out the Stoeger m3500 1/3 the price of a Benelli Super black eagle or Browning A4 its retailing from 669 to 729
Yes I will. I need to get another shotgun. Lost a bunch of my firearms in a burglary a few years back.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes I will. I need to get another shotgun. Lost a bunch of my firearms in a burglary a few years back.
For the price of 1 decent gun you can have a safe bolted to the walls and floor TO PROTECT ANYTHING U PUT IN IT AND PROTECT THEM KIDS ! and every bodys ranting about that stoger 3500 3 1/2 in auro 28 in bl read the reveiws and if your local doesnt have them you can find them on gunbroker and have it shiped to your local dealer

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks