• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Expeditions, adventures or just a campout

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

Rhino 5/4

Looks like your on top of pipe line in that long shot ! looks like a whole lot of fun !
Yes looks like it goes down the middle of the property. Found a little gun range not too far away and put a few rounds down range. Last night a dumb @$$ was pouring gas on his fire and blew the can up. Had to medi vac him out. Not sure the outcome of that but made an interesting evening. Three nights of the thoughtless, self centered,brain dead moron running his loud ass generator is getting quite old. About ready for a green tip to find its way through the engine block. Thankfully the ambulance is prettywell insulated and quiet inside20211127_191212.jpg. Other than that been a great weekend.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Yes looks like it goes down the middle of the property. Found a little gun range not too far away and put a few rounds down range. Last night a dumb @$$ was pouring gas on his fire and blew the can up. Had to medi vac him out. Not sure the outcome of that but made an interesting evening. Three nights of the thoughtless, self centered,brain dead moron running his loud ass generator is getting quite old. About ready for a green tip to find its way through the engine block. Thankfully the ambulance is prettywell insulated and quiet insideView attachment 851879. Other than that been a great weekend.
It really is difficult to fix stupid.
We all know ways, but it could be costly. :-(

Rhino 5/4

Finally a peaceful evening. Relaxing day today capped off with... "where's the meat?" ... "we ate all the meat didn't we?"..... "ummmm ya. I thought you gonna get the steaks" "no I got the deer meat n burger meat no steaks." "I got can chili, mashed taters n cheese" ohhhhh hell ya!!!!. 20211128_180824.jpg20211128_171049.jpg20211128_123827.jpg20211128_122943.jpg
And moved my mattress across the front. Fixed lots of wasted space issues but no more 6' red heads hehehe.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Finally a peaceful evening. Relaxing day today capped off with... "where's the meat?" ... "we ate all the meat didn't we?"..... "ummmm ya. I thought you gonna get the steaks" "no I got the deer meat n burger meat no steaks." "I got can chili, mashed taters n cheese" ohhhhh hell ya!!!!. View attachment 851952View attachment 851953View attachment 851954View attachment 851955
And moved my mattress across the front. Fixed lots of wasted space issues but no more 6' red heads hehehe.
Pictures make it look like a heck of an adventure!
Thanks for taking us along for the show...

Rhino 5/4

Home safe and sound. Throw out bearing is trash. Now to decide how to start replacing the drive train and axles and minimize down time. Getting spoiled camping with the ol girl. With no wind to speak of and pulling a buggy I got a little over 9mpg, get about 1/2 that with headwind. Thinking with 4:56 maybe 11 or 12mpg. 20211129_135147.jpg

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Home safe and sound. Throw out bearing is trash. Now to decide how to start replacing the drive train and axles and minimize down time. Getting spoiled camping with the ol girl. With no wind to speak of and pulling a buggy I got a little over 9mpg, get about 1/2 that with headwind. Thinking with 4:56 maybe 11 or 12mpg. View attachment 852004
I bought 4 of what looks like what you have on the wall the other day got all 4 for 70 bucks all in the box with chargers earbuds . Its got a truckload of freqs in it vhf/uhf fm /fmrs i havnt looked into them much yet is there a certain freq number that seems to work better and can get further apart from the other walkies in your type?

Rhino 5/4

Yea ive got to find me a chart of channel frequency numbers for this thing i know its got ham ch in it .
Yes, My son said that a lot of HAM guys fuss at people that have these because it too easy to use the frequencies you have to take the test for. With GMRS you have to get a license but it restricted to GMRS use and whoever is on the license (family). We will get our HAM license one of these days but its a time thing and we dont use the radios enough. I think that I said everything correctly. Im not educated enough on this stuff.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, My son said that a lot of HAM guys fuss at people that have these because it too easy to use the frequencies you have to take the test for. With GMRS you have to get a license but it restricted to GMRS use and whoever is on the license (family). We will get our HAM license one of these days but its a time thing and we dont use the radios enough. I think that I said everything correctly. Im not educated enough on this stuff.
Oh me either im just going to find 3 or 4 good quite freq channels where ever i find them and program them and weather and some high use ham ch in case i need to get a msg out ! I just want a decent set of radios for my truck to hand out if we needed to seperate in bad times im not going to be sitting around yammering all day on these things and there fore i probly wont be seeking any lic or permits by the time i need to use these things i wont be worried about the frequency police lol

Rhino 5/4

Oh me either im just going to find 3 or 4 good quite freq channels where ever i find them and program them and weather and some high use ham ch in case i need to get a msg out ! I just want a decent set of radios for my truck to hand out if we needed to seperate in bad times im not going to be sitting around yammering all day on these things and there fore i probly wont be seeking any lic or permits by the time i need to use these things i wont be worried about the frequency police lol
yes for sure. I think there will be a lot of things that are licensed now that will probably be out the door then.
See if this will help.

http://www.arrl.org › graphical-frequency-allocations

Frequency Charts. Information about the US Amateur Bands is available on the Frequency Allocations page as well as the frequency bands chart.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yes for sure. I think there will be a lot of things that are licensed now that will probably be out the door then.
See if this will help.

http://www.arrl.org › graphical-frequency-allocations

Frequency Charts. Information about the US Amateur Bands is available on the Frequency Allocations page as well as the frequency bands chart.
Thanks that gives all the band widths im hunting channel freq numbers like all the ham freq channels and all the gmrs ch number and that freq on uhf and vhf

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks