• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Extremely Negative Experience - Jared at Ft Carson CO

Tornadogt

I am sorry to hear about this. All it takes is a little person with a speck of power to $&#$ up a easily rectified situation. It sounds like you contacted the main office and they did no better to fix the problem.. Good customer service or any customer service is truly a surprise not expected now days.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
98G it sure sounds like YOU did your part in making the "PROPER" arrangements, I have not purchased any trucks for awhile but your words are causing me some concern in dealing with some of these folks. THEY wrote the rules if anything you would think they would be the ones to stick by them, YOU MADE OTHER ARRANGEMENTS! That is is in the rules! I hope it works out in your favor 98G, Good Luck!
Karl

lindsey97

this is speculation and I by all means do not intend to stir the pot: I suspect that because there was only one bid on said item, that GL decided to just not release the item, and make up an excuse to detain and withhold said won property. GL thinks that because it is an internet auction that there will be no legal repurcussions. It is very easy to act this way and conduct business this way when items are prepaid before pickup. If you had someone's money in your hand, and their paid for product, it certainly would be easy for someone with weak moral compass to make rash decisions. I would fight them.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've heard of similar situations like this happening in the past. They were all resolved after a bunch of complaining to the main office in AZ.

If you paid with CC, you can always dispute the charges and get all your money back that way. GL would likely never let you bid again though.

Csm Davis

98G call back to GL and ask for a supervisor and tell them what happened and the number of days to pickup is the days they are open at the location not calendar and if you had an appointment he doesn't have the right to deny the property. He has a boss also and if you push hard enough you can reach the boss.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please note, GL has been paid in full for all items, including the lot they are refusing to release. I have other lots at other GL sites that are pending pick up as well.

GL has locked my account, removing my access to my paid in full invoices which will be required for pick up of these other lots at the other sites.

Attachments

dmetalmiki

Our group read this in total disbelief. You should really go to your congressman with all the well thought comments, and a proper form of action complaint. Good luck this was quite disturbing reading.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I won a lot out of Ft Carson CO. I contracted with a freight carrier for loadout and delivery. The freight carrier is apparently at the GL yard nearly daily.

Jared refused to release the lot , claiming lack of appointment. An appointment was made with Jared by the carrier for June 9th, which was beyond the 10 business day deadline, but was the earliest date that Ft Carson GL had available.

On June 9 Jared refused to release the lot, stating it was abandoned.

I called Jared personally when I found out on June 12th. I was told "xxx freight carrier needs to learn to make an appointment. The lot has been declared abandoned, we're keeping your purchase price, we're going to resell the lot, and there's nothing you can do about it."

Apparently there's an ongoing conflict between this carrier and Jared and he's addressing it by taking it out on the customer.

I escalated to GL customer service and filed a claim. Their idea of a resolution is to refund my purchase price, but suspend my bidding privileges until I pay a 25% default fee.

My position is they made an appointment for June 9th and they needed to honor that.

I am extremely dissatisfied.

Apparently there are issues with the shipper and GL that haven't been disclosed in this thread 98G doesn't even know the whole story with the issue . So the problem could very well be with the shipper . The first step that needs to be done is contact upper management at GL and find out exactly what the problem is . We are only getting one part of the story here .

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I infer problems between GL and the shipper based on the comments Jared made to me. He wanted to know which carrier I was using before giving me the status of the lot, and his comments of "they need to learn how to make an appointment".

I may very well be missing information. We'll find out tomorrow when I call again. They've got my money, they've refused to release the CO lot, and they've locked my account preventing me from getting any of my other lots elsewhere. Will they declare those abandoned when they go past the 10 days because I can't get access to the paid invoices?

I'll update this with however it turns out.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd be on the phone with GL AZ first thing Monday morning. I think you have a good chance of getting this sorted out but with your other lots in jeopardy, it could turn into a great big mess if you don't get this settled quickly.

Judging by past incidents that I know of, there is a fairly good chance you will loose the lot but you should get your 25% default fee refunded and your account reinstated.

DrillerSurplus

I infer problems between GL and the shipper based on the comments Jared made to me. He wanted to know which carrier I was using before giving me the status of the lot, and his comments of "they need to learn how to make an appointment".

I may very well be missing information. We'll find out tomorrow when I call again. They've got my money, they've refused to release the CO lot, and they've locked my account preventing me from getting any of my other lots elsewhere. Will they declare those abandoned when they go past the 10 days because I can't get access to the paid invoices?

I'll update this with however it turns out.

I had a similar experience with Ft. Carson. I had contacted a local outfit to pick the item up & ship it, but the GL rep would not release the lot & said it was abandoned. When I called him, the GL rep acted like a total jerk with a severe attitude. It has been more than a year, so I don't recall his name off the top of my head, but I'll see if I made any notes. It sure sounds like the same guy.
It was one small item & not much money, so I didn't pursue it at the time, but I guess I should file a complaint with GL too.

Gunzy

I'm not a lawer but this sounds illegal as all get out to me. Withholding property you have paid for then just claiming abandonment is outragious. I agree with above comments about contacting your congressman. I don't think GL would like to see an oversight come down on them considering they lost the rolling stock contract which cost them millions of dollars, do you think they could afford the loss of the rest of their Government contracts?

gottaluvit

I'm not a lawer but this sounds illegal as all get out to me. Withholding property you have paid for then just claiming abandonment is outragious. I agree with above comments about contacting your congressman. I don't think GL would like to see an oversight come down on them considering they lost the rolling stock contract which cost them millions of dollars, do you think they could afford the loss of the rest of their Government contracts?
I second that!

FloridaAKM

Hear Hear, include my vote on this measure. GP would love to take the rest of the business away from GL if the contract was cancelled due to extremely poor customer service!

Speedzilla

I wish you the best of luck, I hope you get somewhere! Very curious to see what the result is. The original problem is infuriating, however locking your account without access to paid invoices seems like it is crossing a whole other line.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Keep in mind guys, its not just poor customer service, its the fact that:
1- they have his money for the auction he won.
2- they denied him his property at the scheduled load out date/time! THAT IS HUGE!!!!
3- they suspended his account so it interferes with other load outs.
4- they are charging him for his default(he was turned away!)

I have had nothing but good dealings with my GL locations, but this is unacceptable! I would tell any and everyone that might listen. A letter of intent would have been my first order after not getting anywhere with governmentliquidation HQ!

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had a very similar event occur with a lot located at a PA GL site, after many calls and follow up, GL refunded original purchase price (credited to the credit card on file) then I paid the 25% default fee via certified funds to reactivate my account. I was back in action, lesson learned; lots of communication up front. Now the best part, a month later, GL sends me a certified check for the purchase price plus fees/tax. Got to love those GL folks......

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I called GL's customer service this morning at 0800 and was told to pound sand, by a very polite and nice sounding young woman. (This is a paraphrase). I asked for a superior and was told to call back at 0900.

I called at 0900. I was told the original problem will have to be addressed via email since it already has a case number. I requested copies of my invoices for my lots that have yet to be picked up, as well as SF97 request forms for all vehicles to which I do not yet have titles. This was refused. When asked, they admitted that the as - yet not picked up lots will be declared abandoned at the 10 day mark, even though the reason I can't pick them up is that GL refuses to provide the invoices. I requested this in writing. They refused.

I called back. I explained the entire situation over from scratch to yet another person. This one sent me copies of my paid in full invoices and the manual SF97 request forms. He also noted that a refund is in the process of being issued for the "abandoned" lot, but that I'll have to pay a 25% default fee to reactivate my account. I pointed out the couple hundred paid in full invoices he had on the screen in front of him, and commented that if I won that many, think about how many times I came in 2nd and only served to push the price up.... and they've locked me out, so I certainly won't be bidding on anything, even if I should choose to do so in the future.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks