• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Extremely Negative Experience - Jared at Ft Carson CO

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I called GL's customer service this morning at 0800 and was told to pound sand, by a very polite and nice sounding young woman. (This is a paraphrase). I asked for a superior and was told to call back at 0900.

I called at 0900. I was told the original problem will have to be addressed via email since it already has a case number. I requested copies of my invoices for my lots that have yet to be picked up, as well as SF97 request forms for all vehicles to which I do not yet have titles. This was refused. When asked, they admitted that the as - yet not picked up lots will be declared abandoned at the 10 day mark, even though the reason I can't pick them up is that GL refuses to provide the invoices. I requested this in writing. They refused.

I called back. I explained the entire situation over from scratch to yet another person. This one sent me copies of my paid in full invoices and the manual SF97 request forms. He also noted that a refund is in the process of being issued for the "abandoned" lot, but that I'll have to pay a 25% default fee to reactivate my account. I pointed out the couple hundred paid in full invoices he had on the screen in front of him, and commented that if I won that many, think about how many times I came in 2nd and only served to push the price up.... and they've locked me out, so I certainly won't be bidding on anything, even if I should choose to do so in the future.

I would consider filing a theft complaint to my State Police, if you have paid for it and they refuse to give you what you won in the auction then paid for. It's simply theft and the GL policy is not reasonable.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It isn't theft. LE sees this type of thing as a civil dispute. Further, by refunding the purchase price of the "abandoned" lot they remove any grounds for that.

It comes down to them saying "if you want to ever bid again you'll pay 25% default fee".

My response is "if you want me to ever bid again, you'll unlock my account. "

I can take the $$ I'd spend on non rolling stock at GL and put it towards rolling stock at GP.

To date, I have had nothing but good experience with GL. They've helped me load when "no GL assistance available", and they've generally been a pleasure to deal with. This includes the guy I talked to this morning.

I certainly won't ever bid on anything out of Ft Carson ever again, and it remains to be seen if I'll be bidding on anything.

goldneagle

That is what happens when there is a MONOPOLY. Prices are high and customer service is no where to be found. I wonder what would happen if all SteelSoldiers members decided to boycott GL?

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is what happens when there is a MONOPOLY. Prices are high and customer service is no where to be found. I wonder what would happen if all SteelSoldiers members decided to boycott GL?
Everyone would get banned for collusion.
:roll:

Collusion: Collusion between members will not be tolerated in the SteelSoldiers.Com forums. The following could be construed as collusion and will be deleted:
• Sharing of bidder ID numbers or names to avoid bidding against another member
• Sharing of auction numbers or lot numbers to avoid bidding on the same item as another member
• Any other arrangement between members that serves to keep auction prices low in favor of the member bidders
First time offenders will be warned. Second time offenders will lose posting privileges for one month. Third time offenders will be banned.

goldneagle

Everyone would get banned for collusion.
:roll:

Collusion: Collusion between members will not be tolerated in the SteelSoldiers.Com forums. The following could be construed as collusion and will be deleted:
• Sharing of bidder ID numbers or names to avoid bidding against another member
• Sharing of auction numbers or lot numbers to avoid bidding on the same item as another member
• Any other arrangement between members that serves to keep auction prices low in favor of the member bidders
First time offenders will be warned. Second time offenders will lose posting privileges for one month. Third time offenders will be banned.
I think that is funny. Ban everyone. BTW boycott is not collusion.

Collusion is an agreement between two or more parties, sometimes illegal and therefore secretive, to limit open competition by deceiving, misleading, or defrauding others of their legal rights, or to obtain an objective forbidden by law typically by defrauding or gaining an unfair market advantage. It looks more like GL has the unfair market advantage.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Techniclly, getting everybody not to bid is considered collusion.

You couldn't get everybody to go along with it anyway. Even if you could, I doubt it would effect prices a noticeable amount.

98G,Talk to Wreckerman. I seem to remember him having a similar situation and getting it resolved to his satisfaction.

turnkey

Something to think about....Go to the DRMO rep and Federal Contract rep for the FT. Carson area....Lay it all out and request a formal audit and formal complaint with GL. Wait 2 or3 business days..LOL Then contact your congress rep. and file a formal complaint with their office....Hit GL from several different places This does not cost you anything but time....Make a lot of copies to give the folks....Ask about civil court case for Fraud on the GL part of it....Don't have to file anything just get the old jusises going at GL.......Request a formal audit of GL holding funds illegaly from paid in full buyers.....You may not get anything ...But you will have the peace of mind knowing that you threw the people at GL a curved ball and have made people question how they do business.......Sometimes when uncle sam comes banging of the front door...People pay attenation....I did it 15 years ago on some storage lockers I bid on...didn't get them but I got my money back no questions asked. Best of luck on this one...

bchauvette

I'm sure at one time or an other we all wished we had some sort of"activity log" when tings went south. As gimpyrobb said most people had good dealings. Might be a loose cannon. Maybe we need to be in a "something might happen" mode. Focus on communicating via recorded emails and get in the habit of logging phone calls. I'm told a personal log has some weight in a court of law.

B.T.W. This is something I need to get into the habit of.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, I take it back. It's not theft, it is extortion. They have your money and you have nothing. They did give you paid receipts. Motivation is resale of the same property. Pursue it civil and you buy the attorney. I guess we all take one at some point...better not make it a regular thing.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Techniclly, getting everybody not to bid is considered collusion.

You couldn't get everybody to go along with it anyway. Even if you could, I doubt it would effect prices a noticeable amount.

98G,Talk to Wreckerman. I seem to remember him having a similar situation and getting it resolved to his satisfaction.

Nobody has asked anybody not to bid. You decide what you want to do and when you want to do it.

98G has done a good job of documenting his efforts of recovering property that he has paid for, even if it is here in real time, on SS. I would consider printing it out for future reference.

Last edited:

dwelch

Just thought I would chime in.. exact same experience,same site,same rep..had to call a towing service to pick up a crate or would have been abandoned at the end of the day,despite two pick up attempts they refused to load due to no appointment..I would avoid this site at all cost..Cost me an extra 500.00 to hire the wrecker in short notice..Bad Business.

greenjeepster

Turnkey makes some very good points in post #48. You can make a lot of fuss with a lot of different people and at the very least annoy them into changing their mind.

I once had a disagreement with an employer who, instead of giving me any formal warning (right to work state), took me off the schedule for a week without pay. I promptly filed for unemployment... while I didn't expect to get anything out of it, he called later that day to tell me he had put me back on the schedule and asked if I knew how much paperwork I had caused for him by filing for unemployment... I went in the next day and resigned my position, but my point was made.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Response received :

"

Thank you for your patience while the reply to the claim resolution was being assessed. Based on Management’s further review of the dispute below the original claim resolution remains unchanged.

Sincerely,

Caryn Bort

Customer Service Claims

--------------- Original Message ---------------

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They did the same thing to me when they damaged my M923A1 after I previewed it and then won it. But it was out of Tucson, AZ

FloridaAKM

I have dealt with the GL rep you posted & received positive results on the auctions. Something is very wrong with what they are doing to your auction for unknown reasons, other than they are circling the wagons against your wins. Unfortunately, I have nothing more to add to help with your bad experience.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks