• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

factory turbo motors

rustystud

I have access to CAT c7's and Allison transmissions that came out of running trucks, some are still in the front half of the frame with radiator, intercooler, and everything else. I heard a number from the mechanic but am not sure of it, I don't know what it would take to install it in your truck but if interested I will talk to them and can help get it to you, the mechanic that is taking them apart told me they were all under 2k hours
I would stay away from the Cat C7 and C9 engines. They almost went bankrupt over the warranty issues from these engines. We have a fleet of busses with these engines and they are nothing but trouble. All our new busses have the Cummins in them.

JasonS

Stock LDT-134 horsepower, stock LDS-170 horsepower. Sure the fuel can be cranked up on the LDT to closely match LDS power output, but at the expense of higher exhaust gas temps because the fuel system and air intake and exhaust runners and ports coupled with small turbos were not meant to support the extra 40 horses that the LDS has in stock form. We could go into depth on it and converse on the matter for days I'm sure, but that was not the point of this thread. Simply another option for the OP.
The intake and exhaust manifolds are the same; the heads are the same (no runner or port differences). I can push my wastegate turbo to 15 psi and not trigger the filter minder thus indicating the air filter is not a restriction. The exhaust on my truck MAY be more restrictive but I have a full rear exhaust.

The LDS horsepower (fuel) was field adjusted using the injection pump setting to achieve 10 psi of boost. Given that I can get 15 psi with an LDT pump sure suggests that the fuel system can meet LDS horsepower needs and more.

There is no magic "LDS" hardware required for 40 puny horsepower.

HETvet

Here is a question, the intake manifold is heated by the coolant correct? And if so, can this be bypassed to allow for a more open intake manifold/plenum for higher intake flow, thus reducing boost pressures?

Jeepsinker

I suppose we can go back and start another 35 page thread on how the two must be the same engine then and never figure out the difference in the two. Other than the one spring in the injector pump and maybe the cam anyway. Maybe I'll take this to the other thread since it came back from the dead anyway.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks