• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fall 2011 Rausch Creek rally

Tlauden

Looking forward to it! This will be my first MV/SS rally and I wanna get to know some of ya!!! I really hope I can make it! And I MIGHT have an open passenger seat, depends if I can talk my girlfriend into coming up.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
well i broke my right leg a week ago. i hit a deer when i was on the bike. hope i recover in time for the rally! broke my tibula and fibula (the 2 bones that connect the knee and ankle). i cant put weight on it for 6 weeks, then we'll see from there. at least its not a clutch foot!

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
at least i know the deuce is ready to go now. just having it sit a while before the trip... oh well.... she'll start right up in a couple weeks im sure! :D

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know... I thought about that already! Haha! Need to have a strong food for brakes too... The brakes work great so I think I could pull it off!

LanceRobson

Well, looking out from here, any dates will work for me. I suspect I'll bring a 6x6, either one of the deuces or the M813A1. I'll have the S-280 camper in whatever truck I bring so I'd want to hitch a ride with someone for the trail ride.

Chris is hoping to have his deuce mounted water purification expandable van to camper conversion project done by then. I think he is intending to bring it. It's not exactly a Rausch Creek trail ride candidate either so he'd be looking for a ride, too.

In any case we could hook up our pioneer tool trailer and plunk a generator and wheelbarrow air compressor in it with a set of air tools and work lights.

If anyone wants to help do the work of setting it up I am willing to bring a GP medium tent. I have the heavy steel arctic pins for them which I think are going to be needed in soil as rocky as Rausch Creek.

If folks can come to some kind of agreement on a preference in critter parts I'll bring one of the smokers and we can dine on smoked critter. A whole ham, whole pork shoulder or whole beef chuck are all good choices but if folks want beef or pork ribs or something like smoked turkey that's all good too. The ribs and poultry get into a fair amount of waste and debris to haul out, though. The first three choices have little of either. If folks are willing to pitch in for the meat I'll cook whatever the consensus is. I have no problem cooking on more than one day.

Now if the darn rain will hold off...

Lance

Last edited:

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I forgot my dada shoulder surgery is the 21st and with my broken leg, I really hope I can make it. I know dad was saying if it was the weekend before he would go. But then again, I don't know how my leg will be. I'm not an expert at this broken leg and heal time. I broke it on the 5th, so would I be ok to drive a deuce by then and camp? I hope so. I go to see the doc on the 23rd so I'll see if I can get a better prediction. Too bad I couldnt have butchered the deer I hit with the bike if it was ok.... Coulda cooked up some young tender venison! Hahaha!

powerhouseduece

Tom, don't push it. If you end up braking it again at RC you'll regret it. Just take it easy and remember, we have one in the spring too :)

Lance, I keep forgetting your **** tire!! I'm planning on going to the Ga rally but if anyone around me is heading up I'll throw the tire on their truck.

No.2Diesel

Hi,

Let's make it official... October 20th - 23rd.

- Thursday is a dedicated travel and setup day for those trekking long distances.
- Fri and Sat. are trail/activity days
- Sunday is mostly a pack up and depart day although many wheel if they're not far from home

I kinda feel the same way as Lance; with each year's event I'm attending more for the camping/get together experience than the off roading experience. I'm starting to take things apart on my Deuce so I'll be riding in the M923 and we'll be using it more as a permanent camper and may not take it out on the trails.

Thank you Lance for offering a grille and tent. I don't mind helping out. If you have easy access to Game Meats (I'm sure you do) that'd be great, We'll gladly cough it up for food supply costs. $$

LanceRobson

Matt, the tire could wait for Aberdeen. Besides, it may be the down payment on an inspection or pick up somewhere near you someday.....

Dave, I offered a smoker but could bring a grill, too. as far as game I've got some duck and goose left but no enough for a herd. I have a lot of vacuum packed venison. We're going to be making a big batch (about 70 pounds) of venison sausage soon and I could bring some of that. It'll mostly be breakfast sausage with some brats and Italian sausage.

Lance

shenkmen

Let's get this date finalized.

10/20 - 10/23 going twice...

Hi,

Let's make it official... October 20th - 23rd.

- Thursday is a dedicated travel and setup day for those trekking long distances.
- Fri and Sat. are trail/activity days
- Sunday is mostly a pack up and depart day although many wheel if they're not far from home

I kinda feel the same way as Lance; with each year's event I'm attending more for the camping/get together experience than the off roading experience. I'm starting to take things apart on my Deuce so I'll be riding in the M923 and we'll be using it more as a permanent camper and may not take it out on the trails.

Thank you Lance for offering a grille and tent. I don't mind helping out. If you have easy access to Game Meats (I'm sure you do) that'd be great, We'll gladly cough it up for food supply costs. $$

SteveKuhn

We've marked our calendar for those dates including telling the inlaws that we need to use the house 30 mi or so north in Locust Valley. Also made reservations to have the Blue Flu on Friday - mebbe the symptoms will show up Wed. night.

Asked another guy yesterday if he'd run with us in his deuce. Told him he's gotta get out for more than Augusta.

As a newcomer, I really want to see what this is all about.

Now if I can only make it happen. Looking forward to it a lot.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rausch Creek rally is a great time! Depending on how
My broken leg heals, I'll try to be down there... It's such a great time! You'll love it, promise!

No.2Diesel

Hi,

Sorry, in my previous post I meant to say that Oct. 20-23rd is the date for this years Fall Rally.

Welcome aboard Steve K. I think you'll enjoy it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks