• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fall 2017 Rausch Creek Off Road Park

WV New Guy

We missed Graves Mtn after planning early this year we get back from a family beach vacation on the 16th with torn axle boots we can make it but would stay out of the mud. I did get an offer to help replace them but just haven't had time due to work.

cucvrus

We missed Graves Mtn after planning early this year we get back from a family beach vacation on the 16th with torn axle boots we can make it but would stay out of the mud. I did get an offer to help replace them but just haven't had time due to work.
With the current no rain conditions here I don't see that as a problem. That no rain could change in a month. You can do 99.9% without going in mud that deep. Have a safe trip.

Lukes_deuce

I have a torn front axle boot as well and I'm not worried about it. There are a few "puddles" for 5 tons along the trail but nothing that would be of a concern. The real deep stuff is completely your choice. You should come down. It's a fun time. There's a good group of guys who head down.

cucvrus

Less than 2 weeks to go for our 4 wheeling expedition/rally/ off roading. What you want to call it. hope you have your vehicle ready. Se you there. So far I am coming up Saturday AM. No reserved parking. That never works out well as many have found out in the past. Looking forward to a good day out. Saturday October 21, 2017. Running all skill level trails at your own discretion. Good Luck. Take Care. Maybe you will be there. Maybe is just that maybe.

Joehop

Less than 2 weeks to go for our 4 wheeling expedition/rally/ off roading. What you want to call it. hope you have your vehicle ready. Se you there. So far I am coming up Saturday AM. No reserved parking. That never works out well as many have found out in the past. Looking forward to a good day out. Saturday October 21, 2017. Running all skill level trails at your own discretion. Good Luck. Take Care. Maybe you will be there. Maybe is just that maybe.
I'll be there buddy, "maybe" I will see you

Joehop

What's that mean? Are you going to stay back at base camp? Afraid to scratch your paint or tear your canvas? Or does that mean you are running with the jeep alliance that is going to be there that weekend? Choose your words carefully on that answer. We are NOT alone.

It means I have no rear view mirrors so I probably wont be seeing you much...and your the one with the nice paint job

cucvrus

DSCF3816.jpgDSCF3817.jpgDSCF3811.jpgDSCF3807.jpg6 days to go. I hope you are further ahead of my ride.D3NMA913MUS0LS71-v1-fram640x414x640x414xxxxfree bricks. I'm in..jpgMaybe this is what I will be riding. No I should be good to go by Thursday. E brake cable up front is the only thing I don't currently have in my grasp. Terminus M1009 will be ready bright and early. Never heard back if anyone was staying up over night Friday. Dear Alice.jpg

cucvrus

So far I have not heard from anyone staying over night Friday. Most guys I contacted are showing up Saturday AM. That always works for me. I have a nice house, bed with my wife to sleep in. If anyone is coming up to Rausch Creek and wants wood. Better bring some. At this point with the guys I know not sleeping over night. I may stay home and do some work in my garage Friday night. Or come up and bring wood while we sing KUMBAYA around the fire. Somebody has to say what they need. https://youtu.be/cPN3Fv2aJhE

cybrockway

So far I have not heard from anyone staying over night Friday. Most guys I contacted are showing up Saturday AM. That always works for me. I have a nice house, bed with my wife to sleep in. If anyone is coming up to Rausch Creek and wants wood. Better bring some. At this point with the guys I know not sleeping over night. I may stay home and do some work in my garage Friday night. Or come up and bring wood while we sing KUMBAYA around the fire. Somebody has to say what they need. https://youtu.be/cPN3Fv2aJhE
I’m still on the fence for going. Money’s tight. But if I do it will be Saturday morning as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lukes_deuce

Been busy getting the truck ready this week. I will be staying over Friday night and Saturday night. Ill be arriving Friday afternoon. Weather looks great. Looking forward to see everyone there!

cucvrus

Been busy getting the truck ready this week. I will be staying over Friday night and Saturday night. Ill be arriving Friday afternoon. Weather looks great. Looking forward to see everyone there!
Are you bringing firewood? I will bring some Friday night if I know someone is going to be there. Just didn't want to waste a trip. Otherwise I will just be up Saturday AM. I like to drop Terminus M1009 off Friday night so it can get acclimated and maybe get a ride in the back of a 5 ton. Funny guys. That's the way I like to wheel the tough stuff. This time I will bring some straps and sit back and enjoy the ride strapped in the cargo bed. Sounds like fun. Lets do it. Any 5 tons coming?

Lukes_deuce

Are you bringing firewood? I will bring some Friday night if I know someone is going to be there. Just didn't want to waste a trip. Otherwise I will just be up Saturday AM. I like to drop Terminus M1009 off Friday night so it can get acclimated and maybe get a ride in the back of a 5 ton. Funny guys. That's the way I like to wheel the tough stuff. This time I will bring some straps and sit back and enjoy the ride strapped in the cargo bed. Sounds like fun. Lets do it. Any 5 tons coming?
You dont have to bring firewood just for me. I have plenty of wood at home and will bring some. I will be driving my 5 ton there.

I also saw on the facebook M939 5 Ton page that a few guys are wanting to come down with their 5 tons. Not sure if there are members here.

cucvrus

You dont have to bring firewood just for me. I have plenty of wood at home and will bring some. I will be driving my 5 ton there.

I also saw on the facebook M939 5 Ton page that a few guys are wanting to come down with their 5 tons. Not sure if there are members here.
They don't have to be members. We are doing this as aa public event. I do not pretend to represent any group. If any group is being slightly represented it would be the RC Outcasts. But we are not represented by anyone or any organization. We do try and follow Rausch Creek rules. But no problem I will bring some wood up and hang for a while Friday night. And yes by all means invite them. It will be a blast. We know of a few HMMWV coming and some other assorted vehicles at this time. As long as one other guy shows up we are all good. Bring a good pleasant attitude and enjoy the day. I just thought of it. Does anyone use DEF in any vehicles they own. I have a large amount in 2.5 gallon containers. New unopened. Lighted license plate frame with brackets, mud flaps. Anything you need. I have tons of surplus. Bring food. I do eat. We can trade. Have a great day. 2 more days and we will be there. Less then 48 hours. Terminus M1009 is all ready. And I Flex.jpghard stuff.jpgnot broke yet.jpgknow some guys think big deal a CUCV. CUCV by choice. very versatile and useful for me. And NOT my daily driver. But might be tagged antique going forward. Later.

vwmike

I have been wanting to check this place out, but I can never get other vehicles to go. I am fairly new to Eastern PA and very new to this site so I do not really know too many people, especially people with military vehicles. Exploring a new place with other military vehicles?....well It doesn't get any better than that! My truck is ready to go except for the PTO for the winch.....it decided to do its own thing and had to be removed. But with other vehicles around I am not too worried about self recovery. Now for the tricky part....getting the day off from the workplace. It "shouldn't" be a problem, but I am waiting on a reply back at the moment.

cucvrus

We are very real people. We do not bite or create an uncomfortable regiment of rules and expectations. We go out. We good out to have fun. We abide by the rules set forth by the park. We are all equals. No truck or man gets left behind. Easy for me to say. I am driving an M1009. But matters little. I slaved off a few 5 tons with it more then once in awkward situations. And the 5 tons have carried me back to the base camp. I was dragged back once on a chain and the 5 ton showed no mercy for me. nor did I expect any. I was being dragged from the field at no cost and still managed to steer deep into the mud as I went. much to the amusement of the 5 ton driver and the ones behind me. Such good sports and fun we had and plan on having. each trip brings back new memories and with out planning new patina. Hope to see you there. It is very crude camping in the open. So prepare accordingly. Or get a hotel room at exit 90 and sleep in comfort. Take care have a safe trip. My number is 717 673-5395. I will assist in any way I can. Weather looks great even if it's pouring down rain and snow.

vwmike

We are very real people. We do not bite or create an uncomfortable regiment of rules and expectations. We go out. We good out to have fun. We abide by the rules set forth by the park. We are all equals. No truck or man gets left behind. Easy for me to say. I am driving an M1009. But matters little. I slaved off a few 5 tons with it more then once in awkward situations. And the 5 tons have carried me back to the base camp. I was dragged back once on a chain and the 5 ton showed no mercy for me. nor did I expect any. I was being dragged from the field at no cost and still managed to steer deep into the mud as I went. much to the amusement of the 5 ton driver and the ones behind me. Such good sports and fun we had and plan on having. each trip brings back new memories and with out planning new patina. Hope to see you there. It is very crude camping in the open. So prepare accordingly. Or get a hotel room at exit 90 and sleep in comfort. Take care have a safe trip. My number is 717 673-5395. I will assist in any way I can. Weather looks great even if it's pouring down rain and snow.
Sounds like good people having a good time! That is what it is all about! I got the day off, so I will be there tomorrow afternoon if people are camping or early Saturday morning. What time are you guys planning on hitting the trails? Camping in a field is no problem, I am actually pretty used to it. I am pretty well equipped for camping and I always have food to share. My name is Mike and my number is 724-510-6367. Feel free to call or text as I will assist in any way I can also. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks