• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fall Camp Dirtbag

hole

Jim, yes, but I'm looking for a more defined map. I tried the site that was suggested above , but wasnt able to get what I'm looking for. I know that the roads are state/county roads with names and all, I just need a map from the I15 freeway exit to camp. If anyone can help a technologically challenged oldie, I'd be most gratefull :lol:

TheRecorder

Here is the best I can do for now. This might help a little.

Off the I-15, Take Stoddard Wells Road East for about 12.4 miles, all the way to Lucerne Valley Cutoff, turn right for about 1.2 miles to Camp DB. If you have Google earth, locate this area from "Start" pin to "CAMP DIRT BAG" pin, follow marked path as indicated. It shows 13.59 +/- miles from I-15 with the path feature. There may other routes that are closer for you if you are familiar with this area. look for fun times.

Attachments

Last edited:

mrlippy

hey hole, i can load anyone up with a pallet or 2 of firewood at the lumber yard if needed. i don't think i'll be buying a trailer before that. look forward to spending some time with you guys.

hole

hey hole, i can load anyone up with a pallet or 2 of firewood at the lumber yard if needed. i don't think i'll be buying a trailer before that. look forward to spending some time with you guys.
Thank you mrlippy, very nice of you sir! Looking forward to seeing you out there too:beer:

armytruck63

Pallets: resist the temptation to throw these in the fire. Each pallet leaves behind something like 36 nails in the desert, and we all know how much fun these can be!

Last edited:

hole

Matt, thanks for the map link, and pallet info. I'm pretty sure mrlippy was using the "pallet" as a reference for the amount
of wood he can donate. Sadly, every trip one of us lucky souls "finds" said nails. Not to mention it's a pretty big fine if caught
burning one. Besides, we have much more entertaining things to burn:shock:

OK, I just got confirmation from m dad, we are going!!! I will have some fire wood, but Not much. We are driving a yellow 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser. I would like to request that any update info be sent to me through PM or E-mail. It's ,my first time going on the trip so I don't want to screw anything up! See you guys there!!!!!

(P.S.) the RC car is my entertainment I'm bringing along. Really nice Rock crawler and the other pic is my mom standing behind the FJ we will be driving. It will be m dad and I coming along. ad two people to the roster!!!! :beer:

Attachments

offroadrunner

I should be ready by then. At least my deuce is registered and (I think as of today) insured now. Don't know if I'll have it painted by that time (still wearing it's Indiana-Jones paint scheme), but it should be operational. See everybody then.

Cheers,

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, let's hope we don't need any tow straps or winches or anchor vehicles, or shovels...except for the shovel weenies!...this trip. I hope to make it to Slash-X this trip to partake of the glorious grease laden chili fries and :beer:

Bob, it will be good to see ya!

hole

Duffman, you guys probably wont need to bring recovery gear,unless your planning on getting stuck :p. I'd focus on your camping gear and supplies. Prepare for dry camping ,theres no running water, no bathrooms, ect. Also, that time of year out there can be somewhat unpredictable concerning weather. It can be 80 during the day and 40 at night, plan accordingly.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bout **** time dates got picked and the thread got started!! :)

I'm in.

We don't have much in the way of camping gear so we are going to be sleepig in our FJ. But We'll work things out. and A NUMBER 1 RULE OF THUMB FOR OFFROADING I have learned the hard way, ALWAYS BRING RECOVERY GEAR!! :deadhorse:

Duffman, you guys probably wont need to bring recovery gear,unless your planning on getting stuck :p. I'd focus on your camping gear and supplies. Prepare for dry camping ,theres no running water, no bathrooms, ect. Also, that time of year out there can be somewhat unpredictable concerning weather. It can be 80 during the day and 40 at night, plan accordingly.

998Junkie

Well, let's hope we don't need any tow straps or winches or anchor vehicles, or shovels...except for the shovel weenies!...this trip. I hope to make it to Slash-X this trip to partake of the glorious grease laden chili fries and :beer:

Bob, it will be good to see ya!

Forgive a city boy...but Slash-X? What's that?
:)

offroadrunner

Ah, the Slash-X (the local watering-hole and grill); I haven't been inside there since I used to ride (and regularly fall off of) my dual-sport bikes. It's a good destination for the mid-point of any desert exploration journey.

Cheers,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks