• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Farm Diesel

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have suffered severe sticker shock caused by high diesel prices then you may want to check and see if you can get Farm Diesel.
Here in Kansas we can get Farm Diesel at certain Gas stations and the local co-op for around $ 2.90 to $ 3.10 per gallon

just food for thought

Peter

Last edited:

rickf

Isn't that the same as off road diesel? dyed red? Get caught running on the road with that in the tank and it is a mandatory $10,000 dollar fine everywhere I know of. Unless you have farm tags. Even then it could get sticky on a road going vehicle.

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Isn't that the same as off road diesel? dyed red? Get caught running on the road with that in the tank and it is a mandatory $10,000 dollar fine everywhere I know of. Unless you have farm tags. Even then it could get sticky on a road going vehicle.
Generators usually don’t drive themselves on public roads…….

you are in the generator forum.

Last edited:

rickf

Oop's, Good point! But you never know, Farmers get really creative in the off season when they are bored. :LOL:

All the farms I ever worked on had their own diesel tanks filled with off road diesel for all of the farm equipment and as long as they had farm tags on their vehicles they could use it in them. But I have heard the feds are cracking down on the vehicle thing since some of these farmers are moonlighting as long haulers in the off season and they are equipping their trucks with massive tanks to put as much red on as they can to skirt the laws. Always the few who will ruin it for the many.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah no issue running dyed stuff in power equipment or tractors. Will be interesting to see if the feds override their own laws in times of national emergency, related to diesel fuel shortages. I don't want to be a betting man, but I just have this bad feeling in the back of my head we might find out.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The rules in ND state that farm fuel/red dye offroad fuel can be run in any tractors , swathers or any off road farm equipment and this does NOT include farm trucks that haul the crops from the field, they are on road vehicles and are required to use fuel that has the road tax.

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For red Diesel, I have a GI 600-gallon tank on a 1-1/2 ton trailer for hauling it home. They won't deliver to me for that quantity. I've never been stopped with that haul, but...If they do to test your truck fuel, and you have enough WMO in the tank and the diesel is now jet black, how can they tell what color it is?

Then again, they'll prolly have a conniption anyway since motor oil is not taxed as fuel either...

Last edited:

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yesterday I had my years supply of heating into 1000 gallon oil tank located in our garage, separate from the house. New driver on the truck, he asked to see the tank wonder if he was looking to see how it was plumbed, like did I have a fuel dispenser? Which I don't, the fuel lines go into conduit to the house.
Probably wanted to make sure there was no open line. Big money when 1000 gallons is pumped into open space.

bprzyw

Ha! A guy I was talking to the other day filled his truck with off road fuel, paid and left. As soon as he pulled out he was boxed in by 2 Subaru vehicles …. dipped his tank and sited him 3k. IRS undercover fed workers.

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ha! A guy I was talking to the other day filled his truck with off road fuel, paid and left. As soon as he pulled out he was boxed in by 2 Subaru vehicles …. dipped his tank and sited him 3k. IRS undercover fed workers.
Wait until next tax season when the IRS is going to put the 80 Billion they are getting to use..........

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks