• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ferret 54-82589 m.g. mount found

Ferretboy

Well after looking for about 30 years i have finally found the m.g. mount (cradle) for ferret 589.....its a long story....really its owner found me.....anyway i am forever greatful...its a british no.5 mount....slightly different from the one the canadians used....but they are all very hard to find....the main difference is the angle of the ammo box tray......i will post some photos soon.

Ferretboy

In most of the photos of the mounts used on Canadian ferrets...the folding firing handle has been removed.....this is a no.5 mk2 upgraded to a mk.3 with the addition of a safety pin to prevent firing a loaded weapon...

teletech

Congratulations on finding such a rare beast for your Ferret, I saw one for sale a bit ago but the $2k was too rich for my blood at the time. Any chance you plan to come up with drawings so those of us not so fortunate and build copies?

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Congratulations on finding such a rare beast for your Ferret, I saw one for sale a bit ago but the $2k was too rich for my blood at the time. Any chance you plan to come up with drawings so those of us not so fortunate and build copies?
Now THAT would be a great idea!

Ferretboy

The mount I have just fell from heaven...I didn't find it....it found me....I planed on making a replica.....I may be able to make some drawings...lots of parts...a lot work to reproduce one...I don't know why there are not thousands of them out there....junked I guess...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks