• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fiberglass bows and troop seats

baxter

I have been looking to replace the wood on my seats and bows with the fiberglass and was wondering if anyone knows where to find the material the military used on thiers or am I just ahead to find a full set of fiberglass seats and bows instead of revamping mine. Thanks for any help.

Vaughn

datsunaholic

I have the unfortunate situation of having partial Fiberglas. The bow uprights are Fiberglas, the curves are wood, the troop seats are wood except one or 2 boards which were replaced with Fiberglas. Definitely need to do something since I get a bunch of slivers if I touch the wood parts.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
on one duece i have one side figerglass while the other side is wood. i would love to find one left over fiberglass side tIm:-D

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone with fiberglass seats, can you please post a pic inside and out? I have a set but the top 2 boards on either side are wood. I want to see what way the ribs face if possible. Like to see pics of the fiberglass bows, never seen them. I am also looking for one steel bow, I lack just one!

grounded

Banned
Kenny the top ribs ( back supports) face out on the fiberglass troopseats. Ill see if i cant get some pics i have saved dug up.

I also need some dropside corners if anyone has any

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, let me know how they bolt up, I have some extra glass slats I'm adding to my seat set.

dm22630

Anyone with fiberglass seats, can you please post a pic inside and out? I have a set but the top 2 boards on either side are wood. I want to see what way the ribs face if possible. Like to see pics of the fiberglass bows, never seen them. I am also looking for one steel bow, I lack just one!

Here are my fiberglass seats & bows. The actual curved bows are metal I believe.

Attachments

Big Earl

My first duece had troop seats with canvas/cushions on the seat bottoms, and back rests. I've never seen another set before that one.....it did have an arctic cover over the back instead of the regular cover, maybe that's the difference?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Joe, are these the same ones I asked you if I could buy a month or so ago? If so, I am still interested. Please PM me if they are still for sale.

Thanks!

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got some one piece all steel bows for mine. I haven't seen them before. They are much stronger than the wood. Does anyone have any pics of bows stored eather in the headache rack or under the bed of a dropside?

Lex_Ordo

Okay so we are in agreement that the fiberglass are a bit better.

Now, lets get our thinking caps on and post information on the manufacturer.

I'm sure, just the same as I've contributed to the GMA Cover Corp, manufacturer of cab tops, and cargo covers, that there is someone who knows where these fiberglass troop seats are made, or who makes them.
OpenDNS

For a new set I would absolutely call the manufacturer and have them freght shipped to my house.

If anyone has a set, including a head rack, please go and look them over carefully and see if there is a CAGE # anywhere. They will usually have Five alpha/numeric characters or if they are older, like a a manufacturer from WWII, five digits that signify the manufacturer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks