• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fiberglass bows and troop seats

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lex,

Best bet is to find a set used or at a Rally.. The manufacturer doesnt make them anymore. I went down that road a while back, and then found a NOS set at a MV show for $50.... Or keep your eyes on GL for the piles of them that show up in PA occasionally....

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
MILITARY VEHICLES OPN...
GENERAL MOTORS TRUCK AND BUS GROUP....CAGE Code: 23862

GENERAL MOTORS CORP....CAGE Code: 24617

The above was copied and pasted from a search of the NSN out of the parts TM on WebFLIS.dlis.dla.mil

I do not know if the nsn's differentiate between the older wooden ones or the newer fiberglass ones, but these two cage codes were the only two common to the front board and the troop seats. The only cage code that came up for the side boards was the "US Army Tank Automotive Command" code.

At least it's a start for someone who would like to look into them.

ABN173

Just a thought from the CUCV peanut gallery (since I don't have a Duece yet)
How about use of the newer composite decking material?

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Even if those cage codes arent who really makes them, if you can get in touch with the right person at either of those suppliers, they can give you the name of the company they got them from.

If anybody does find a manufacturer of the seats, see about getting a SS volume discount, I'd be willing to buy a set.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
To answer the question, the composite decking material is WAY weak. We had to put joists 12" on center rather than 16" on center because of this.

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
jj9620, that is one of the suppliers that came up in the cage code search I performed. I only posted the ones that were common to all 3 pieces, because each piece has it's own NSN.

Lex_Ordo, that's the company you need to contact. Like I said, see if you can get a SS group discount. I would definitely be interested in some.

Lex_Ordo

Thanks for the info. I have located the company's website and sent them an e-mail. I will followup with a call on Monday, and hopefully we can set up a group buy for whatever components anyone needs.
I am going to assume that they won't need the NSN's of each individual M35 Series vehicle piece, like headrack, right & left side racks, bows and corner pieces.
BUT...
If they do, does anyone have a listing of each NSN? Or a source for me to look them up in?
It seems that they make the racks for every vehicle so CUCV, HMMWV, M35, 800 & 900 series and even the newer GM pickups, so I may need the M35 series NSN's to locate the correct parts.
Stephan Wood Products truck and trailer parts aftermarket accessories

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
TM 9-2320-361-24P starting with work package 126 lists all of the associated parts and NSN's for the side racks, seats, bows, and pretty much everything you would need. But I have no clue if there are different NSN's for wood and fiberglass. Of course the TM doesn't specify which material the ones they are refering to are made of.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Same NSN's for the wood and fiberglass.. When Uncle decided to change from wood to fiberglass, he just issued out the wood ones until they were all gone... So they kept all the same NSN's.

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, That's good to know. Lex, If you don't have the TM or need the NSN's let me know and I can get them to you.

Lex_Ordo

Speddmon, thanks for the source info. I have that TM and it is from August 2006, which supercedes all previous TM's according to the cover. I believe I downloaded it from the forum.
Emmado, is right. The NSN, question makes sense since the TM is recent, I would imagine that like all things improved, the material change wasn't necessarily a modification requiring a NSN change, but more of a material upgrade so once the old material was used up, the new material just fell into the same category for procurement.

These are the three NSN's for the cargo/ dropside bed.

Headrack Assembly 2510-00-737-0377, Part # 7370377
Seat Assembly 2540-00-591-1108, Part # 7370383
Side Rack Assmby 2510-00-301-7756, Part # 7370379

There are a 2nd set of NSN's and Part #'s for the long wheel base M36 also.

Tackettr

I recently scrounged up enough used fiberglass boards to convert my troop seats to fiberglass. My concern with your list of NSN numbers is that it maybe missing one for the seat portion. My seat portion (Seat Assembly 2540-00-591-1108, Part # 7370383), has two different lengths, 2 long ones on the outboard runners and 2 shorter one in the middle. Additionally I have seem different lengths on the seat backs (Side Rack Assembly 2510-00-301-7756, Part # 7370379), some of them where an inch or so shorter.
You may want to get measurements of all that you need to ensure your getting the right ones. I think I would prefer blanks and drill my own holes also, but that's just me.:-D

Tackettr

My mistake above! I thought they were looking for just the runners, not the complete seats. I would guess that a complete seat would be very expensive also. Blank runners that you cut and drill yourself may get it in the affordable price range.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks