• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FilterFuge FF25LE

42willys

Just got a used one today and after about 30min in 5gals of black oil i thought their would be some build up. checked and the centrifuge was still clean as can be?

Im running at .5 gal per min at 140psi. I cant find a manual on this thing.

also should the black oil turn golden again? im gona let it run all night and check it in the am.

after about 6 hours it was a dark gray color and not pitch black.

Tlauden

Never done it myself but from what i have read on here it will never be its original color again. I would say run it until your comfortable with the outcome, maybe dip a pretty powerfull magnet in the filtered oil and see if you get any metal, or get a sock filter for a final filter.

PsycoBob

You'll get it lighter than 'diesel-soot black' but not as clean as new.

I run my 2.5gpm system for 24 hours, then clean it. Repeat until you have a clean enough bowl to be happy. Other than power usage & a little wear, there's no reason you can't run it longer & see how much you can get out, especially for a first batch. My bowl is about 1/3 the surface area of a 2-liter soda bottle. Some 45-50 gallon batches coat it only 1/4" thick, others... eew. One batch filled the rotor with jelly- twice!