• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FilterFuge FF25LE

42willys

Just got a used one today and after about 30min in 5gals of black oil i thought their would be some build up. checked and the centrifuge was still clean as can be?

Im running at .5 gal per min at 140psi. I cant find a manual on this thing.

also should the black oil turn golden again? im gona let it run all night and check it in the am.

after about 6 hours it was a dark gray color and not pitch black.

Tlauden

Never done it myself but from what i have read on here it will never be its original color again. I would say run it until your comfortable with the outcome, maybe dip a pretty powerfull magnet in the filtered oil and see if you get any metal, or get a sock filter for a final filter.

PsycoBob

You'll get it lighter than 'diesel-soot black' but not as clean as new.

I run my 2.5gpm system for 24 hours, then clean it. Repeat until you have a clean enough bowl to be happy. Other than power usage & a little wear, there's no reason you can't run it longer & see how much you can get out, especially for a first batch. My bowl is about 1/3 the surface area of a 2-liter soda bottle. Some 45-50 gallon batches coat it only 1/4" thick, others... eew. One batch filled the rotor with jelly- twice!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks