• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Final Headcount, SoCal Fall Trip

hole

Ok guys and gals, we're less than 2 weeks away . Brother Will and I thought it would be a good idea to start a headcount thread for this years trip. Theres alot of new people coming this year from all different directions.We thought it might be a good idea to let everyone post up their departure times/ routes so that others might be able to join up to convoy together. The safety in numbers part is reassuring but its hard to beat the cool factor of 5-10 Deuces rolling down the highway :-D. I'll be leaving at aprox 6am on the 15th . 210 east to the 15 north. I'm going out early to get the signs Brother Will made put up so everyone should find camp with no problems. Lastly, its probably a good idea for all of us going to exchange cell phone #'s in case of an emergency . I personally have no problem posting my number here for all to see, but I know some will. If your not comfotable with that you can pm me with your # and I will make a master phone list and pm it to everyone who is attending.
909 938 9889 Will

TheRecorder

I'm in,
From South Corona, depending on work, Depart Fri. the 16th and somewhat flexible to other schedules. Can't wait!
949 246-6537

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As slow as it's been at work and with the no pay days, I might just leave here fri. AM. Jake got his DL so he can drive up sat. sometime. Guess I better start looking at the truck :wink:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm heading north on I15 out of Wildomar on Saturday morning. If there is enough interest I could leave Friday night, but most of the trip would be in the dark. Scheduled to meet up with Barney'sZoo on the 91 for breakfast.

Anyone coming north on the 15 wanna hook up?

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
no can do!

I'm having my deuce hauled from Washington down to NorCal that weekend.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a heads up. WE NEED WOOD. Hole or myself usually bring wood for fires, but, there has been little construction goin' on around here, so I am low and hole has some, but not enough to do 3 or 4 days. NO PALLETS! The BLM has serious issues with them as do I due to the nails..GOD I hate flats! If all you have are pallets, please cut the nails outa them...just rip them at the 2 x 4 cross braces. ANYTHING you can bring will be used.

Mike, I was thinkin' about you today. Glad to hear the move is under way. I'll give you a buzz tomorrow.

100dollarman

Team Hundy is in- not exactly sure when we will get there, but I live nearby so wont be caravaning. Going to shoot for Friday- maybe Thurs.

I'd like to order 4 XL shirts, please.

I'll bring some firewood. Most of my big chunks are gone, but will bring what I have.

Not sure what we are bringing out as far as trucks- probably will decide a day or 3 before the campout.

Looking forward to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

offroadrunner

I just noticed this thread, so I'll say "I'm in" here too. I should be leaving Huntington Beach sometime Friday evening/ Saturday morning (depends when I get back from the airport, and how fast I can pack my chit). I expect my route to be 405->55->91->15. I don't have a GPS (unless I borrow one), so leave a light on for me.

Hundy,
According to a post (around 45 or so?) in the original thread, they found a new spot with the following coordinates: 34°40'44.02"N 117° 4'47.85"W Hopefully someone will chime in if that's not right.

Looking forward to it; see you all there!

hole

Are we camping in the same spot as last year?
Mark ,we're moving camp down the road a few miles so that we are on BLM land to simplify the clean up process. I'll be posting signs starting from the Stoddard Wells Bell Mountain exit off the 15. Here's the cordinates for Google Earth +34.6788943347 -117.0799575817 and for GPS its 34°40'44.02"N
117° 4'47.85"W If I remember correctly we're on Lucerne Vally Cutoff this year. Gary, I hope your gonna make it!

100dollarman

Mark ,we're moving camp down the road a few miles so that we are on BLM land to simplify the clean up process. I'll be posting signs starting from the Stoddard Wells Bell Mountain exit off the 15. Here's the cordinates for Google Earth +34.6788943347 -117.0799575817 and for GPS its 34°40'44.02"N
117° 4'47.85"W If I remember correctly we're on Lucerne Vally Cutoff this year. Gary, I hope your gonna make it!

I can check google or the coordinates when I get time--

I was trying to figure out if I should head out 247 towards Barstow and take LV cut-off, or go around through Apple Valley to the I-15 and get off the freeway there.

If the new camp is on LV cut-off (or off of) that would be SWEEET!!! (easier for me to get there)

RDUKW

Well I am going to try to make it. I need to get a radiator in and fab up some battery mounts by then. It sounds like a fun trip to break the new truck in. If I make it I will be departing Costa Mesa Friday night or Saturday morning and will be towing the truck out on a trailer.

Ryan

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Gary, I am hoping to be on the road by 3 or so and will head up the 14 to the 138. I will be dueceless and havent decided on driving my jeep with M101 trailer or driving the motorhome towing the jeep. Its just going to be me and my oldest daughter. Let me know if you want to caravan.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks