• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Final Headcount, SoCal Fall Trip

hole

I can check google or the coordinates when I get time--

I was trying to figure out if I should head out 247 towards Barstow and take LV cut-off, or go around through Apple Valley to the I-15 and get off the freeway there.

If the new camp is on LV cut-off (or off of) that would be SWEEET!!! (easier for me to get there)
Mark, I just checked on Google Earth , we are going to be on Lucerne Valley Cutoff. Camp is about a mile or less from were LVC & Stoddard Valley Rd. intersect. See ya next week !

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How about a map for those of us who are directionally challanged?

armytruck63

Alas, I will have to sit this trip out. Going to Anza Borrego the following weekend and I don't think wifey will let me camp two weekends in a row.

Hmmm, I could throw the Mule on the car trailer behind the M1009 and come up for the day...

Let me see if that idea flys.

hole

Dug, 15 north, exit [ Stoddard Wells Rd Bell Mountain ] at the end of the off ramp you will see a sign with an arrow that says Dirtbag. Go east following the signs +/- 8 miles. Its a relatively straight road. Try Google maps and look up Stoddard Wells road with Lucerne Valley Cutoff as a cross street, slowly zoom out and you'll see the road as it goes back to the 15.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dug, 15 north, exit [ Stoddard Wells Rd Bell Mountain ] at the end of the off ramp you will see a sign with an arrow that says Dirtbag. Go east following the signs +/- 8 miles. Its a relatively straight road. Try Google maps and look up Stoddard Wells road with Lucerne Valley Cutoff as a cross street, slowly zoom out and you'll see the road as it goes back to the 15.

Thanks brother! Ill be up Saturday morning with some wood to burn.

mendo069

I'm in... Just gotta finish couple wheel seals and drive belts to be safe..but I'm def. In and please count me in on an xl t-shirt...I was deuceless there for a while, but picked up another m35a2 and an m109....so I'm back in business.. Cyall in a week!!

mendo069

well, i put in for friday off... still no word back on that..but saturday early a.m. at the latest.. i'm scrounging around for wood but like you guys were saying its slim picking right now...replaced leaking wheel seals yesterday, today i'll move onto drive belts and small fuel leak...hope not to end up like my avatar..:roll:

BLK HMMWV

I'm heading out early Sat. morning in the HMMWV along with a few friends in some plain wrappers.
WE will be bringing wood as well as a few interesting cleanup tools for all to try out.

210 to the 15 , 15 N. to dirt . SWEEEEEEET

BH

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I'm bringing my almost 6 year old and almost 3 year old, both girls. Gonna get the bigger one going on her 50. Can't get the wife to come along with the baby :roll:.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm bringing my almost 6 year old and almost 3 year old, both girls. Gonna get the bigger one going on her 50. Can't get the wife to come along with the baby :roll:.
Ill have a spare 50 if it will fit with the other quads.

cool, If my son comes, I am bringing his 80 and another 50 as well... he will be happy to hear other kids will be there.

For some reason he thinks hanging out with Dad is boring:cookoo:

probably has something to do with the fact he has spent way too much time hanging around the workshop with me.....He knows better than to hang with daddys friends........:doh:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks