• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

finished mounting my new 395s on combat rims

fullyotto

Well the tires are all dismounted and mounted. The one pic is the new 395 next to the XL mounted on the a3 rim. The xls are weather checked terrible and I like the look of the 395s better. Hopefully I can mount these soon.:)

Attachments

thehaas

like to see on truck nice rims do you think that tires to big for truck.i thought about set on my truck after freind put on 5ton and was like wow they are hugh i dont know if my truck could handle,let us know how it drives after install thanks

fullyotto

I also found that when dismounting the a3 rims it helps if you use soapy water to lube everything and you should clean the rim mating surfaces too. Also buy new orings save on the headaches. A good tip for sealing the orings is to use plumbers grease or silicone grease.

liekos62

There is a valve and o ring grease called DC-111 (silicon based) it is very good at helping o rings seal. I nicked/tore a o ring on one of my FMTV wheels while re assembling. I didn't have access to a new one and wanted to finish mounting the rims on my deuce so I mounted it anyway. I used the DC-111 on all of the o rings and the tire with the damaged o ring did not leak. The tire still holds air fine even after 6 months. The DC-111 is also dielectric so you can use it on all of the electrical connectors to keep out moisture and it makes it easier to plug and unplug later.

Barneyszoo

I also found that when dismounting the a3 rims it helps if you use soapy water to lube everything and you should clean the rim mating surfaces too. Also buy new orings save on the headaches. A good tip for sealing the orings is to use plumbers grease or silicone grease.
Yes, don't use vasoline it will make the o-ring stretch

liekos62

I get the DC-111 from enco

http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?PMAKA=325-5976&cm_mmc=Didit-_-SEM-_-GglProd-_-GglProd&003=18299132&010=325-5976&{copy:002}&{copy:004}&{copy:005}&gclid=CJX0n_CQ1bQCFcKPPAodYH0AZw

fullyotto

Well it's been little more than two weeks and I now finally have the tires mounted on the truck and drove her to town and back. I found that the truck turns easier now than it did on the ndcc tires surprisingly. It also hops more when driving over bumbs in the road too. I find that the driving charactistics are amplified i.e. bumbs in the road, the sloppyness in the steering and the wheel hop. I had one wheel seal leaking in the rear easy fix. I'll have photos tomorrow. Finished the truck just after dark and needed her out of the shop to put in my feed tractor so it doesen't freeze on me. Quick pro quo the left side has left handed studs and nuts cost me 6 studs and nuts. Been a long time since I've seen that.

Hoefler

I have those same tires on my A3. I too found the truck a little bouncy at first-but now they seem smooth. Maybe they "seat" in or something. I really like these tires.
Your truck looks great with those big shoes.
Pete

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks