• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fire Extinguishers and other parts

Opie

Any suggestions as to good sources for appropriate fire extinguishers for a deuce?<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> They don’t need to be OD and authentic military spec.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> I’ve two empty brackets in the cab which need to be filled if I wish to protect my investment.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> Advance auto has them for about $60.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>

What is the folding bumper step properly called, and where might they be obtained?<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> I’m growing weary of taking a running leap to open the hood…

<o:p> </o:p>

On the topic of hoods, some hoods have a handle (at the nose/bow/front end) to assist with hoisting the thing.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> Are those add-ons, and where could I find them, too?

Armada

Pete, TNJ used to have the folding front bumper step kit, nos p/n 12300799, don't know if they still do or not. You can also take one of the steps off of your tailgate if you have a cargo truck, and mount that under the front bumper.
You can mount a grab handle on your hood like the ones used on the cab. I used a handle on my hood that is used on the outside front frame rail. It sure is a pain to get that heavy hood open without something to lift with.

Hope that helps.

Loose Deuce

I use a small 2 step folding step ladder, its about 3' tall. I keep it in the truck always for that climbing stuff. My boot slipped off the tailgate step and french kissed the ground a while back so I use a that step ladder.

Thats a good tip about that grab handle, I was going to thread a piece of 3/8" bar, I'll just get one of those frame handles now.

Loose Deuce

Opie, Forgot to mention I use a cheap one I had in my bass boat. I got it from Wal-Mart and its Red. they dont cost that much if you just want one without being official military, I going to paint mine 383 Green just to see what it looks like.

MVtrucker

Rare to find the extinguishers in a color other than red. The hood handles are
an added item. Hearsay has it that the Marines and/or Navy usually installed
them. When it comes to lifting the hood, I stand between the bumper and
front of the truck to unlatch and lift the hood some, then I step out and walk
it up. If you try this, don't let the hood slam against the cab top/windshield
frame. Being tall is sometimes an advantage, other times I keep bumpin'
my head on things.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You get those bumps on your head too? I have a couple little bald spots thanks to bumping into things that don't move. At 6' 8'', lifting the hood easy. But that dang hard top is close enough to hurt on a good bump.

Last edited:

MVtrucker

You'd think I learned something from almost fifty years of doing oil burner service and finding so many floor joists and beams, but I didn't.
Ya got me beat on height, I'm 6'-5"
One of my old ladies got a real kick out of me banging my head against a MG bumperette. She just loved the ring of it when I smacked my head.

Loose Deuce

Just found some regular military Fire Extingishers at sprucemtsurplus I was supposed to call them back and check on price but I got some lead in my pocket, will try Monday because I would like one also.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks