• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Firing my 155mm

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I usually try not to be jealous or covet other fellers stuff but dangit man!!!![thumbzup][thumbzup][thumbzup]

If you will fly me over there and back next time ya fire that rascal, I will be your loader, ammo bearer, truck washer....and general flunky for the whole month

goldneagle

I usually try not to be jealous or covet other fellers stuff but dangit man!!!![thumbzup][thumbzup][thumbzup]

If you will fly me over there and back next time ya fire that rascal, I will be your loader, ammo bearer, truck washer....and general flunky for the whole month
Is your GOER amphibious ? Maybe you can drive it over there...all you need is a tanker to fuel you up from time to time! :driver:rofl

Rustygears

Wow -big boy toys taken to the ultimate level. Thanks for the photos. I'll print them and then replace my 'men's magazine' - the posted photos are so much more stimulating :wink:

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man! That would be awesome to pull the lanyard on that puppy at the Ga Rally. You think Union Point would get upset if we dropped a round downtown?

Petesos

Thanks Guys for the good feedback and i have been asked how many euros it costs to fire it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Well the charge we put up the spout on that firing was 10kgs of black powder with 3 kgs of coffee whitener and one pint of gas oil packed in a 4 inch cardboard tube but we will never use the tube idea again ( damm dangerous ) we should have used only 1kg of coffee whitener as the white cloud blocked out the flash of the diesel being burnt. over here black powder has gone up in price now so the cost of this charge was about 130 euros.
When we set the charge of on that day it created a bit of a vacum in the air and the kaboom of it going off set a whole load of car alarms off in the car park. We are just putting together a bigger charge for this year using Pyrodex about of about 8kgs when we test fire it i will post the photos on here.
Pete

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is your gun live as in still able to fire 155 shells? In the states it is possible ot have live fire artillery pieces as long as you go through the appropriate pape work with the ATF. Is this the case with your piece? Or are there no regs on it . Very nice piece!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks