• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First Aid Kit and Fire Extingusher

Do you have a fire Extingusher and First Aid Kit on your Vehicle?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rmgill

First Aid Kit, Fire extiguisher, Safety Triangles, road Flares, Blanket, Flash light, spare sweater and other stuff in the cab. More in the bed.

Hay Man

I carry an ABC fire extinguisher in the deuce, one in my pickup truck and one on each of our farm tractors. I have a fear of helplessly watching a small, easily-contained fire become a huge fire and consume an expensive piece of equipment because I didn't bother to carry an inexpensive fire extinguisher.

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I carry an ABC fire extinguisher in the deuce, one in my pickup truck and one on each of our farm tractors. I have a fear of helplessly watching a small, easily-contained fire become a huge fire and consume an expensive piece of equipment because I didn't bother to carry an inexpensive fire extinguisher.
The minimum rated ABC extinguisher I would carry would be a 3A-40BC size. Of course, if possible bigger would be better. Or more than one. NEVER buy the extinguishers with the plastic tops, they can't be refilled or recharged. They're disposable so after their shelf life is up they're trash.
Another good extinguisher to have is the 2 1/2 gallon water can. Adding a table spoon of dish soap ( the kind for greasy dishes is best ), help to extinguish small petroleum based fires, and soaks into class A materials instead of just running off. It's great for when you're in dry grassy areas or pine forests that burn easily. And you can recharge them with the air from a vehicles brake system. Of course if you are in an area which gets below 32 degrees you have to keep them from freezing.

zout

1 - halon inside the box plus a powder in the box plus one in the cab pluis a fully supplied med pac kept in the box. Would not leave home without it.

Its not IF its going to happen - its WHEN it could happen.

charlessocccer

I ALWAYS have carried a fire extinguisher and first aid kit in my trucks since i got my license at 16 (im 18 now).

I WILL have both in the duece I eventualy get.

lsat week, I was driving home from my frieds house and a grass fire was burning at the side of the road, and we (1) stoped truck (2) call Fire Department (3) use the fire extinguisher to containe fire.

we were the ONLYY people that called on it, let alone stoped, and it wass on a busy part of I70.

I got a thumds up from the FD =P lol

Snarky

I have a water proof OD green medkit from a surplus store, a small fire extinguisher, and a box of ear plugs. I don't know if you all are midgets, or what, but I find my deuce has very little room in it for 'stuff'.

The medkit and ear plugs are in the 'glove box', the fire extinguisher is mounted on the transmission hump.

There are some road reflectors the military left for me mounted on the transmission hump near the firewall. Under the passenger seat is VIC-1 crap, under the dash is a power inverter.

In the tool box is brake fluid, some basic tools, and rope and straps. You can't mount anything on the rear cab wall in my truck due to the military installing the reinforcement plate for the gun ring mount.

I feel like if I had any more crap in there my 1.5 passengers would be exceedingly more miserable than they already are.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have two of each in the m109, one of each in the cab, and one of each in the box. I agree with Metal, if you don't properly check your equipment and rotate your first aid kit supplies, when you need them you might find them useless.

I also have an extinguisher and first aid kit in the 818. Looking to get a 10lb or heavier one to mount outside of the cab, in case a load catches fire.

You might want to check to see if the extinguisher is still in the 818. I vaguely remember something flying past my head while riding with you. Oh wait, that was my a$$.

;-)

sw

Yaivenov

1 - halon inside the box plus a powder in the box plus one in the cab pluis a fully supplied med pac kept in the box. Would not leave home without it.

Its not IF its going to happen - its WHEN it could happen.

You can still get HALON fire bottles?? I thought those had become restricted due to various means.

Do you mind letting me in on where to get and how much such systems for the engine compartment run and also what kind of HALON you have in yours (1301, 1211, etc.)?

ETA: Well don't I feel like a moron. Did some digging and found various commercial systems available. I was under the impression that the various HALONs were tightly controlled now due to "ozone depletion" and "greenhouse effect."

Last edited:

RAYZER

i have a big red fire exttingusher that rolls and bounces around under the pass seat,cant find a large enough mount for it or ide mount it, no first aid kit though,i'll work on that.

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i have a big red fire exttingusher that rolls and bounces around under the pass seat,cant find a large enough mount for it or ide mount it, no first aid kit though,i'll work on that.
Just look online for a place that sells safety equipment or a place like Graingers, they should have a generic mount that will work. You definitely don't want that bouncing off your head in an accident, or accidentally discharging. Or for a cheapo mount, saw an appropriate sized piece of sched. 40 PVC in half length wise, bolt it under the seat and add some straps with velco, D-rings, etc. to keep it in place.

Metallitera

Another good extinguisher to have is the 2 1/2 gallon water can. Adding a table spoon of dish soap ( the kind for greasy dishes is best ), help to extinguish small petroleum based fires, and soaks into class A materials instead of just running off. It's great for when you're in dry grassy areas or pine forests that burn easily. And you can recharge them with the air from a vehicles brake system. Of course if you are in an area which gets below 32 degrees you have to keep them from freezing.

Use distilled water and you can use on electrical fires.

Chief_919

I always keep both in all my vehicles.

In fact I have a large fully stocked aid bag in my daily driver that goes stays there, and smaller military vehicle kits in all my vehicles. On longer trips in my other vehicles I swap the aid bag out into it.

It helps that I sell military and civilian first aid kits:p

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks