• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First govplanet hmmwv

tbeson

Did you get your SF97 at the same time or you still waiting on that?
No, this is proving to be just as frustrating as the EUC. I have sent 2 emails and had two phone calls with Gov.Planet, only for them to keep telling me the EUC is not approved yet. Funny thing is that I printed the EUC form off of their website. And have picked up the HMMVE. At the end of the day, still no SF97. Im in no real rush as the batteries, front drive shaft and fuel pump were out of the truck when I picked up. Slowly getting it put back together.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, this is proving to be just as frustrating as the EUC. I have sent 2 emails and had two phone calls with Gov.Planet, only for them to keep telling me the EUC is not approved yet. Funny thing is that I printed the EUC form off of their website. And have picked up the HMMVE. At the end of the day, still no SF97. Im in no real rush as the batteries, front drive shaft and fuel pump were out of the truck when I picked up. Slowly getting it put back together.
SF97’s come about 3-8 months after actual pickup....

Action

Did you also order the title. I always wondered how long that takes.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When have you known any governmental or military administrative function to make sense.

You have unreasonable expectations.

M1123 Greg

Hey all,

I'm a new HMMWV owner, happy to join the club. Currently waiting for my EUC to clear... gonna be torture.

What do you guys think? Anything to look out that you can see from the pictures? I know the blowby is there, It doesn't seem too bad so I'm hoping its nothing crazy.

My plan is to get a 2-door to 4-door conversion kit (camo) and some aluminum x doors. Keep everything else stock. I'm sure I'll be asking many questions here. Looking forward to joining the family!
My truck came in November 2020, and my single biggest piece of advice that will cost you nothing is DUMP the gas tank! Pull the little plug in the bottom of the tank and flush as best you can. I stirred up the sediment in my tank by driving it around and it subsequently got sucked into the fuel system and caused a bunch of problems. it took me a month and a half to get it running again, with a lot of help from other SS members (Thanks again CAMO). It’s seriously not worth the $20 in diesel, burn It in a bullet heater. Good luck, I love my Humvee, I still smile every time I open the garage.

M1123 Greg

Why is the SF97 not processed together with the EUC? This makes no sense.
It actually does make sense, all the EUC is a certificate saying you won’t turn around and sell it to terrorists. It has nothing to do with the transfer of legal ownership (usually a title), in this case a SF97. i know there is probably a background check of some sort during EUC process but it’s just giving you the ”OK” to buy the vehicle , nothing more. To the best of my knowledge

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
My truck came in November 2020, and my single biggest piece of advice that will cost you nothing is DUMP the gas tank! Pull the little plug in the bottom of the tank and flush as best you can. I stirred up the sediment in my tank by driving it around and it subsequently got sucked into the fuel system and caused a bunch of problems. it took me a month and a half to get it running again, with a lot of help from other SS members (Thanks again CAMO). It’s seriously not worth the $20 in diesel, burn It in a bullet heater. Good luck, I love my Humvee, I still smile every time I open the garage.
You smile ever time you open the garage LOL...

Look closer... Your Humv Is smiling back at you too!

Mine look a little grumpy, but happy, CAMO

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks