• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First real use of Mep-803 | Praises and problems (albeit little)

Guyfang

Staff member
I was out of the net.

The Army is strange. Some gen sets have ALL the info, gen set and engine both, in one TM. Others, not. That's why when you look at a TM number like, TM 9-2815- anything, you KNOW its an engine TM. Any TM that starts with TM 9-6115-anything, you KNOW it is a Generator set TM. Its very confusing for people who were not in the military or in a maintenance field. One reason this is so, is because the engine might be used in several different pieces of equipment. And not always gen sets. So, to save money, they break the engine out of the total package and print it separately.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, apologies in advanced for my stupidity here. I feel like if you can walk me through this I should have a good understanding of how to navigate the TM's.

I'm in 9-2815-253-24.

on 3-2 (troubleshooting table) i see: Low Oil Pressure ....................................................................................................................................................3-5 \

flip to 3-5 and see:
9. LOW OIL PRESSURE.
Step 1. Check for improper grade of oil.
a. Refer to end item lubrication order. If proper grade of oil, do Step 2.
b. If improper grade of oil. Refer to paragraph 3-20.1 and change oil and filter.
Step 2. Check for engine running hot.
a. Refer to Engine Overheating, Malfunction 7, in this table.
b. If not running hot, repair or replace engine.

*insert joke about replacing engine and oil pressure still low*

What am I missing here?
Just to confirm your question was answered directly (it was over the replies that followed), but that's the diagnosis steps for the engine only. If you take the sender and all other accessories out of the picture... its a mechanical oil pump. If you have pressure issues in this engine, with that pump... the military knows its an internal concern.

Now with the steps from the genset book which I provided, its highlighting the accessory test steps for that platform. Both books can be used together if needed, but as you see... the info sets are different. Both are GOOD sets of info, but its a whole lot less likely that there is an oil pump concern in this piece of equipment, than a failing sender or gauge.

Does that help make it clearer?

spotrep

Just to confirm your question was answered directly (it was over the replies that followed), but that's the diagnosis steps for the engine only. If you take the sender and all other accessories out of the picture... its a mechanical oil pump. If you have pressure issues in this engine, with that pump... the military knows its an internal concern.

Now with the steps from the genset book which I provided, its highlighting the accessory test steps for that platform. Both books can be used together if needed, but as you see... the info sets are different. Both are GOOD sets of info, but its a whole lot less likely that there is an oil pump concern in this piece of equipment, than a failing sender or gauge.

Does that help make it clearer?
Yes this clear now! Thanks for spelling it out explicitly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks