• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Flamers.... check this one out!

91W350

A local body man bought this old Blazer to get a 4x4 chassis for his 1959 Chevy Pickup. The truck ran good and was not nearly as rough as he heard, so he painted it for a season or two of hunting. When I saw it go by at a quartering angle, I thought it was a M1009, it is not, just an old gasser.... Kind of cool though..

Attachments

91W350

They are using it for a shop truck now, it should not be too hard to catch again. I am thinking I should have my M1009 flamed when I get it home. It is Rod Harding, Classic Auto Body, here in Salina. He does most of the really nice ghost and flames around here. I will try to swing by there tomorrow.

91W350

I made two trips by there and missed it both times. I will try again tomorrow for a hood shot or two.

Who 'ya callin' a "flamer"??

I guess everybody that had to read the thread.. 8^)

91W350

I missed him twice yesterday too. I am leaving on a 1800 mile journey this morning in my M1008. I should be back late Sunday night. I will try to catch the ever so popular shop truck on Monday. I think all of his employees get a kick out of driving the old turd. :-D Glen

boomer

Hi Glen,
I just got back from a trip, myself. It wasn't as many miles as yours, and I took one of my civilian trucks. Have a safe trip. You'll get him this time.
Boomer

91W350

Thanks Boomer. We ran a little over 700 milers yesterday. Changed plans and only plan to do about Zd0 today. It was 55 mph and 17 mpg. Harder than I like to drive them. It did great though.

boomer

Hi Glen,
Glad you're back. My first cucv was a 1008. I took that on the interstate once, and at 55mph, those gears were sure winding out. Some months later, I wound up on the fast lanes, again. This time, there was no whinning noise, and I was able to get it close to 70.
It just needed some exercise.

91W350

Mine will run right up to 75, but it is flat howling. I generally try to stay under 50. I drove it 1250 miles yesterday and today, would have gone farther, but I got rained out. Glen

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks